Job Description Form
Job Title: AVP, Ecommerce
Supervisor Title: VP, Digital
Location: 435 Hudson St.
The AVP, eCommerce will lead all planning and programing strategy for Kiehls.com s as well as all customer discoverability through SEO/SEM, affiliate and working closely with digital marketing on owned, paid, and earned media. , merchandising, content management, analytics, website development, and product strategy.
The AVP is responsible for the overall planning on the site, working with brand marketing on launch and animation cadence in sizing on new product, managing the promotional plan and rationale – testing new mechanism to reduce overall promotional levels will reaching sales target. With support of sales planner, the AVP manages the sales forecasting and trending, calling out risk and opportunities weekly and highlight new opportunity to close the gap.
Developing the promotional sales plan and cadence from large sitewide discounted to segmented audience promotions and generosity offers such as deluxe sample or collateral is a key responsible and focus for this role. The AVP is accountable for managing and delivering against all budgets/trends (sales and spend) – monthly flow of sales + assumptions, monthly flow of allowances by program and monthly flow of spend + assumptions. Additionally, this role is responsible, supported by a manager of planning oversee the product forecast working with demand planning to ensure right stock and inventory for key promotions and launches.
The AVP oversees an SEO/SEM analyst who creates and manage are search strategy to drive maximize paid and organic search traffic and revenue. The analysts also oversee merchandising insights understanding customer behavior to inform the site calendar. Develop high level site merchandising plan each month and where are the optimal places on site to push what (monthly). Work with site experience director to ensure optimal products are surfacing. Identify product/set opp for site based on insights & sales.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Mathematics, or other analytical background.
- Minimum of 8 years in Digital and Ecommerce or similar function.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge in technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of MS Office is a plus
- Must demonstrate knowledge with financial statements, pricing and margin performance
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate solid experience in pulling, mining, and synthesizing data into stories
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must demonstrate ability to negotiate with positive outcomes for the organization
- Must be able to identify and drive new or improved processes and structure
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Demandware a plus
- Strong experience in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day sales planning for Kiehls.com. Strong emphasis will be placed on analyzing large amounts of ecommerce sales, but also working collaborating with product marketing, D2C marketing, operations, and finance to execute those plans. Impact of decisions & communication will be highly visible, so strong decision making and communication skills are a must. Role will be supervised closely by VP, Digital, to ensure alignment of communication to various stakeholders.
Section 5: Financial Scope
Annual Budget Responsibility: n/a
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $ +150mm
Section 6: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- REPORTING: Daily sales forecasting/trending, calling out risk/opp each week (weekly)
- PROMO/SALES PLANNING: Manage and deliver against all budgets/trends (sales and spend) – monthly flow of sales + assumptions, monthly flow of allowances by program and monthly flow of spend + assumptions Product forecasting: looking to developing a product forecast for the channel and break down by channel, Manages appeasements approval.
- SITE CALENDAR & MERCHANDISING: Develop high level site merchandising plan each month and where are the optimal places on site to push what (monthly). Partner with product marketing and D2C marketing to align on cadence for key marketing initiatives, needs for digital and 360 execution.
Identify product/set opp for site based on insights & sales
- AFFILIATE MARKETING: Budget/planning w/ Linkshare. Identify new opportunities/beta. Partner with IC on influencer affiliate
- SEARCH: Manage Paid and Organic Search Traffic and Revenue
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR