JOB TITLE: AVP, Education
REPORTS TO: AVP, Education & Shows
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, Florida
The AVP of Education will lead the strategy, development and implementation of customer facing education that supports all aspects of the SalonCentric business. The AVP of Education will foster relationships with the SalonCentric Sales and Department leads across the organization and with Education Brand partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The AVP of Education is responsible for developing the strategic vision to support sales, as well as brand and SalonCentric initiatives – including brand launches, promotions and activations from an in-salon, store and digital perspective.
- Responsible for the development and management of the Education Team, who work directly with brands, educators, customers, sales teams, marketing, etc.
- Directly manages three Education Sr Managers/Directors. Indirectly manages a team of 16.
- Collaborates with Education Brand partners to implement effective stylist/salon, esthetician and nail technician training nationally.
- Directs education strategy and planning, including brand support and effectively communicates all required information to key business partners both internally and externally.
- Interfaces with and provides input to the information technology and digital marketing teams. Creates resources for automating the education support plans and ensures the department leverages technology to support the customer base efficiently and effectively.
- Works closely with finance department l to manage annual education department budget and to improve operating efficiency within educational events. Ensures adherence to annual departmental P&L as set forth at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Communicates market activity and competitive intelligence through an active engagement process with education and key opinion leaders to determine customer needs and territory growth opportunities.
- Ensures timely delivery of reporting requests including sales and budget reports and ad hoc requests to sales management and internal departments as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned by AVP Education & Shows.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5+ years of applicable professional experience - professional beauty industry, marketing and/or education/event management preferred
- Positive motivating leader with the desire and ability to inspire others to engage and perform with a strong history of team development.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment.
- Establishes and builds trust across business functions, levels, and departments to facilitate achievement of shared goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong foundation in departmental budgeting, reporting and forecasting.
- High level of competency in MS Office products including Excel, Power Point and Word; working knowledge of SalesForce.com.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 30%.
- Travel for shows, corporate or brand planning meetings, some educational classes and other special events is required and may result in overnight travel and/or weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk on level surfaces for long periods of time, travel in a car and airplane, use hands and fingers to grasp, type, pick up and manipulate items. On an infrequent basis, the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment throughout the day.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.