Job Title Assistant Vice President – Biolage DMI
Division: Professional Products DMI Biolage Global; (Global Marketing, International Education, International Digital)
Location: 435 Hudson Street – NYC
Reports To: Global President, Professional Products Division
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redkin, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Do:
- Make strategic decisions involving the development and launch of new products and services for Biolage worldwide.
- Formulate and implement policy decisions in the areas of product development, pricing, packaging, display and product presentation.
- Determine and create the advertising media and content for Biolage worldwide.
- Develop future marketing/creative objectives and strategies.
- Engage in analysis of market statistical data relating to marketing trends, pricing and methods of marketing of Biolage products
- Analyze sales levels to assess relative strengths and weaknesses of the line.
- Perform competitive evaluations and conduct product performance reviews in order to advise on the most effective method to achieve growth objectives and to thus ensure the continuing success of Biolage.
- Oversee and manage marketing support groups to monitor critical deadlines and to ensure consistency of brand marketing internationally. Provide on-the-job training and instruction for global marketing, creative and international education team. Make needs assessments and conduct regular performance reviews of global marketing team.
- Develop and grow talent which make-up the Global team (includes CONNECT, leadership training and succession planning).
What We Are Looking For:
- College degree (BFA, BA, or similar) in visual arts or other creative fields required
- Exceptional knowledge of professional beauty industry along with products and content that performs best is important. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures for all distribution channels.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management within consumer goods businesses.
- Exceptional financial acumen required including experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories.
- Superior leadership and communication skills. Need to be able to articulate clear business direction and strategies. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand presence across multiple channels preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail required
- Project management and planning skills required
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally periodically (max. 25%).
- Language skills a plus.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $145,300 to $207,000
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.