Job Title: AVP- Human Resources
Function: Human Resources
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Professional Products Division
Supervisor Title: Group VP – Human Resources
Location: NYC- 10 Hudson Yards
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Professional Products Division (PPD) comprises some of the best salon brands, Redken, Matrix, Pureology, Mizani, Kerastase, Pulp Riot and more. Our portfolio is balanced across distribution channels, product categories and caters to the Professional Salon Industry.
The AVP is responsible for all HR generalist activities for the Professional Products French Brands and DMI populations, including recruitment, leadership & employee development, training, motivating and engaging employees. The AVP will act as a business partner to anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy. General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Employee Development: Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities and assisting with the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Recruitment: Approve candidates for interview, participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
- HR Policies and Programs: Assure compliance while helping to facilitate programs focusing on strategic change, training, team building, diversity, etc.
- Integration: Oversee the integration of all new employees within population and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Succession Planning: Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective succession plans, in conjunction with Business Partner leaders and VP of Human Resources.
- Employee Relations: Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
- Leadership Development: Ensure the people leaders are receiving the right training and development to be top leaders for the organization and their teams.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Help develop the organization in line with business objectives and contribute to organizational strategy.
- Workforce Planning: Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Retention Strategies: Analyze, identify and direct recommendations on retention program policies.
- Performance Plans: Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
- Undergraduate degree, preferred focus in Psychology, Org Dev, HR, etc.
- Prior HR management experience of 7 – 10 years
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience in handling complex ER issues
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.)
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same
- High degree of executive maturity with ability to influence
Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
- Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks. Ability to inspire and influence without authority.
- Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes sound decisions
Achieves Results with Integrity
- Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competitors
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.