Do you enjoy enhancing and assessing perceived product performance?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
- Lead and develop a team of 20+ highly skilled and experienced scientist researchers by promoting team work, collaboration and an inclusive work culture
- Develops vision with roadmap, identifying short, midterm and long term goals for function
- Collaborates with labs, innovation direction/consumer market insights, international colleagues and evaluation team to develop & implement dynamic, relevant evaluation
- Applies expertise to all projects to ensure relevancy of test design, target and endpoints based upon objective.
- Challenges the analyses of test results to ensure robust, thorough & insightful conclusions.
- Lead synthesis of learnings from evaluation tests to derive key insights and next steps for a project
- Drives outsourcing strategy to ensure quality, timeliness and expertise
- Contributes to predictive modeling programs linking consumer, sensory & instrumental data
- Drive surveys product trends & market via market intelligence reports, internet, etc.
- Drives projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism
- Presents projects & strategy to senior leadership
- Minimum BS degree in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Statistics, Behavioral Science, Chemistry, Sociology, Food Science or other related sciences, with emphasis in Sensory; advanced education preferred.
- 10+ years progressive technical and leadership experience in product performance evaluation; working in cosmetics, personal care or a consumer goods company preferred
- Sensory knowledge – descriptive, discrimination methods, etc.
- Consumer science knowledge – quantitative and qualitative methods
- Data analytics and statistical analysis: JMP, SPSS, SaS, XL-Stats, etc.
- Organization and time management skills necessary to simultaneously lead multiple projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- High ethics and grounded judgement when making decisions
- Passion for innovation
- The ability to travel domestically & internationally
- Technical writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- A strategist and tactician possessing a demonstrated track record in developing a roadmap as head of function in related field
- A self-motivated leader who empowers and inspires high performing teams
- An effective communicator who has an ability to express themselves clearly, providing clarity and alignment in a matrixed organization
- Good at taking appropriate risks and follows through on commitments despite difficulties or roadblocks
- Capable of working in a matrixed organization, including strong teamwork skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR