L'Oréal USA - Luxury Division
Hudson Yards, New York NY
AVP, Direct to Consumer eCommerce
The role of AVP, Direct to Consumer eCommerce will lead the brand.com team, tasked with building and growing the flagship site and sales channel. This individual will lead the growth of the business, with a consumer centric, hands-on approach.
In order to develop the strategies needed for success, this individual will ground themselves in a data-centric approach focusing on maximizing key consumer-centric KPIs including traffic, conversion and revenue. With rigor in Site Merchandising, UX/UO, Sales Planning, Media, SEO, CRM and Supply Chain, this dynamic leader will partner cross functionally to deliver on this high growth business. We are looking for a consumer-focused, hands-on, analytical retail professional who is a skilled communicator and has a proven track record of building and developing a direct ecommerce business and team of diverse individuals.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables.
- Develop the brand.com’s strategy to deliver the business growth. Oversee the team that is charged with driving the success of the brand’s Direct to Consumer business operations through forecasting, budgeting, P&L accountability, site management and eCommerce analytics.
- Develop, measure and track the KPIs for success across the D2C organization and its members. This leader should help further a culture obsessed with these success factors and determining the necessary levers to improve the business.
- Adapt and cultivate a “measurement as a religion” mindset across teams so that we can better understand our consumer and their journey to purchase and develop the optimal fact-based strategy.
- Continually analyze and recommend tactics to drive top-line growth and profitability for the D2C channel.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to drive digital marketing activities such as CRM, Loyalty, SEO, SEM, Affiliate Marketing, and Programmatic Media Campaigns.
- Manage and continually evolve and optimize the brand website’s to be best in class, including all elements having to do with (but not limited to) merchandising, ideal landing pages for consumers, and product display pages.
- Oversee all owned eCommerce operations and technologies including fulfillment, storefront, merchant processing and order processing systems.
- Be the brand expert for all questions related to direct to consumer strategies, performance and industry benchmarks.
- Work with Customer Care Center that services L’Oreal brands to minimize customer issues and improve overall consumer centricity
- Negotiate agreements, manage & maintain relationships with relevant vendors
- Partner with the US CMO, Global CDO, International Digital Teams and other cross functional teams across L’Oreal globally to share best practice and solutions.
- 7-10+ years working in direct to consumer eCommerce roles, including site merchandising and management, UX/UI, supply chain, finance and overall digital strategy.
- College Degree
- Related work experience which demonstrates an understanding of and skill in the confluence of brand management and direct-to-consumer marketing principles
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and application – branding, advertising, CRM, analytics, and SEO.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem - both technical and business aspects
- Experience developing detailed forecasts to align with supply chain and operations organizations to allow for optimal planning.
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and statistics, particularly as it relates to eCommerce and consumer analytics
- Demonstrated strength in communication and influencing skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Strong projection & forecasting skills
- Open to new ideas and actively builds networks to achieve goals
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of executing a variety of strategy. This position will require moderate supervision to maintain a proper corporate direction.
Must be able to work in an office environment
Hi Growth Direct eCommerce Business
Responsible for Sales & Profit of the channel
Manage Vendor Contracts
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR