AVP – CPD eRetailer Media Lead
The CPD eRetailer Media Lead will be responsible for developing and leading the eRetail Media strategy for the OneCPD portfolio. eRetail media represents the fastest growing media category within the division, with the highest potential to deliver financial impact. This role, new to L’Oreal CPD, will have a unique opportunity to manage this media portfolio to make a direct impact on business outcomes.
The eRetailer Media Lead will be an expert in each of the unique customer media ecosystems (i.e. Amazon, Roundel, Walmart Connect), understanding their points of difference, capabilities, and unique formats. Bringing this knowledge together into a thoughtful go-to-market strategy will be central to the the success of this role. The eRetailer Media Lead will be the key point of contact for our media agency of record Wavemaker, who will execute the. Performance-based modeling will be essential in this role - continually optimizing for success, creating and sharing insights with our Marketing & Commercial leadership..
This role will report directly to the VP of Consumer Connections (eCommerce) within the CDMO CPD team.
RETAILER MEDIA STRATEGY
- Owns eRetail media strategy for CPD US with focus on, translating sell-out, marketshare and profitability objectives into strategy and execution for eRetail media. Consolidate eRetail annual planning ensuring all brands use a set of guidelines, metrics, KPIs, tracking and reporting methods, differentiated by retailer partner.
- Has a clear understanding of each eRetailers O+O journey and can influence how and where media can impact customer and consumer goals.
- Manages a team of agency resources to meet annual KPIs and Goals
- Create and develop external partnerships with our eRetailers, working closely with media counterparts. Provides a group recommendation on first to market pilots and golden rules for building short and long-term business goals
ANALYTICS AND INSIGHTS
- Develop a executive summary/dashboard of metrics that measure performance unique to our eRetailer media environment
- Generate insights by Retailer, Category, and Brand across the division that inform future investment strategy, campaign creation, and campaign execution
- Partner with divisional counterparts (in sister divisions) to share insights and commonalities to optimize eRetailer marketing spend
- Monitor and share industry news, retail marketing trends, and cross-divisional insights.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & PLANNING
- Manages roll-up of eRetailer media budgets and ensure resources are used in an optimal manner and within agreed expenditure budgets
- Liase with Finance, Marketing, and Media Agencies to ensure all media investments are correctly captured for each retailer campaign and program
WAYS OF WORKING
- Acts as key point of contact for Media Agency (Wavemaker) and eRetail Media account teams
- Acts as key point of contact and group expert for eRetail media interfacing with CPD Media Lead, LUSA Media Group and other divisions within LUSA.
- Responsible for upskilling the division when new strategies are available, developed, and rolled out within the group
DOMAIN EXPERTISE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years’ experience in leading and developing data strategies, specific to consumer behavior and eCommerce market growth
- In-platform execution / working knowledge in Retailer advertising platforms, such as Amazon Advertising, Walmart Media Group, Roundel, Criteo, InstaCart
- Experience with all facets of eRetail channels: retail, content, media, and platform nuances
- Experience against several media buying strategies; self-service, managed buyer, partner negotiation.
- Excellect communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Track record of working with cross-disciplinary groups within the organization
- Highly creative with a passion and sensitivity for the design/cosmestics/beauty fields
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage multipile priorities autonomously
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment – considering yourself an entrepreneur
- Highly driven by results, organized, and detail-oriented
- Expertise in eCommerce customer acquisition and the eRetail environment
- Attention to detail, high-performance orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Passionate about digital; you are continuously a student of your industry, pursuing knowledge, best practices, competitive landscape and staying on top of trends.
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and to support project requests from partner teams
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other department
- CPG marketing expertise; Beauty experience – a plus
- BA/BS degree required. MBA a plus.
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong experience in A/B and Multivariate testing with a focus on experience optimization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.