Consumer Products Division
Title: Category Development & Insights Manager
• Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
• Team: Category Development & Insights, Haircare and Color
• Required Work Experience: 5 years
• Availability: ASAP
Influence and drive total haircare and color strategy at Walmart and help Walmart gain market share.
Develop partnership with Walmart Beauty leadership to be a trusted resource for beauty and the hair categories in particular.
Accelerate growth of the category and CPD brands by:
- Leveraging exhaustive omni channel category analysis to identify category growth opportunities for Walmart Haircare, Styling and Hair Color categories.
- Leveraging deep category shopper insights to optimize marketing mix (placement, distribution and assortment) and uncover growth opportunities for CPD.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develop and own overall Consumer Products Division Hair portfolio strategy. Based on insights and customer knowledge, identify CPD brands growth opportunities at the account and help define brands strategies.
- by leveraging Category Development toolkit such as, but not limited to: Cookbooks, Nielsen, Spectra, Richmix, Kantar, SKU Rat Tool, Mintel, Euromonitor and CMI bespoke research.
- Assess e-commerce retailer platforms to provide strategic recommendations inclusive of assortment, user navigation, educational opportunities, and omni channel cohesiveness.
- Leverage ecommerce tools/dashboards such as Clavis, Market360, Ecom Dashboard, Ecommerce MRMs to provide omni-channel commercial insights to the retailer and multi-functional teams.
Define consistent CPD category guidelines
- Build and drive Category Line Reviews leveraging shopper analytics, POS performance metrics, planogram assessments, and internal trend information provided by central category teams. Share findings/recommendations with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Define priority products types/products to grow/products to maintain/products to delete for all CPD brands at the account.
- Define POG Vision for the category and our brands, including brand adjacencies and POG flow recommendation.
- Dissect market and retailer data to provide insights including, but not limited to, Space to Sales, SKU rationalization, and key competitor assessments to drive brand market share.
Leverage category insights and selling stories for the account team
- Communicate, influence and drive the category insights within the multi-functional team, including best practices offline and online.
- Ensure alignment between all brands on selling story and opportunities for CPD overall to win offline and online at the account.
- Maintain a close pulse on in-store and online dynamics by conducting consistent store audits and sharing insights with the broader multifunctional team.
- Maintain basic knowledge of promotional and pricing fundamentals for CPD and competitive brands to provide high level insight of promotional effectiveness to internal and field sales teams.
The Network you would work with:
Customer Team lead, NAMS, CDMs and Customer Marketing. Customer buyers and Category insights teams. Category head, CCM and ACM peer group.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing, cat man or sales role
- Proven experience of leading Range Reviews (RR), retailer strategies and projects
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Multi category experience
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.