The L’Oréal Tech Incubator group is looking for an ambitious junior engineer to work alongside more senior data scientists, engineers, product managers and designers within the group. The person should have an interest in learning about data analysis and software development along with a strong sense of consumer-centricity.
In the course of this role, we will be working on setting up the suite of analytics for an eCommerce brand with an innovative business model. We want to understand and improve our full order lifecycle, from customers placing orders on the website, during manufacturing, and through until delivery. There will be lots of opportunities to explore our data and create your own analysis as well.
Position will be based in Clark, NJ and New York, NY with expected occasional domestic or North American travel to partner locations (<10%)
- Develop automated reporting and visualizations tracking key performance indicators
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
- Synthesize and communicate key areas for improvement in processes
- Involvement in debug and QA of software systems
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Current student working toward a BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Data Science
- Experience with data visualization (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Google Analytics)
- Proficiency in working with SQL databases
- Some proficiency with software development preferred (Python, SQL)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PPT
- Exposure to manufacturing systems (Nice to have)
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work in the USA on an ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.