Analyst, Procurement to Pay
L’Oreal North America Business Service Center– St. Petersburg, FL
The P2P Analyst supports and maintains procurement and payables (P2P) system applications and processes. Responsible for researching, resolving inquiries related to I2P transactions and adhering to processes, maintaining procure-to-pay policies, relevant standard templates and supporting tools to drive compliance with standard request-to-pay processes, approved P2P channels, and identification of new opportunities to increase efficiency. Works with supervisors and managers within Accounts Payable (AP) to identify and ensure that suggestions or recommendations for process improvements are presented for review and possible implementation. Acts as change agent across the Organization by communicating and training affected parties on both standards and tools, as well as promotes leading practices in P2P across the business. Responsible to work with other internal positions to support the development process of common reporting and appropriate tools for performance and compliance monitoring. This position will continuously engage the P2P Management to review P2P performance and key performance indicators and take a leadership role on required actions for improvement.
- Research AP process/policy, such as: invoice/payment status, match exception resolution, reporting/document search options
- Research and analyze Invoice inquiries, verify data entered system
- Partner with other areas of AP Operations (processing, supplier management) to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Serves as the Organization's Procure-to-Pay subject matter expert, continuously engage with P2P leadership, and cross functional business clients to drive best practice adoption, optimized system utilization and continuous process improvement outcomes.
- Develop and maintain profound knowledge of P2P application architecture and data structure relationships to implement and maintain system and process improvements for enabling the source-to-contract and requisition-to-pay processes.
- Identify compliance gaps, technology, and process improvement opportunities, develop plans to close gaps and implement process improvements.
- Support master data initiatives from the P2P perspective with defining governance procedures and standards for master data set up and maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and senior management, including presenting project deliverables to steering committees and project sponsors.
- Coordinate assigned activities within the accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely payment processing using SAP
- Leverages Celonis data mining for the analysis of late payments root case impacting KPI (POT)
- Function as an AP Champion to ensure proper and consistent compliance with L’Oréal approved policies and procedures
- Influence and work collaboratively with buyers, vendors, plants, finance, and various business partners to gain resolution on parked and blocked invoices
- Leverage customer service and communication skills to respond to internal and external customer inquiries including vendor statement reconciliation and procurement issues
- Be empowered to think outside of the box and offer new and creative solutions and ways of working to improve our global business service center
- Actively participates in special projects that impact our business goals
- Ensure timely and accurate resolution of sensitive vendors across multiple plants
- Understanding of the proper Procure-to-Pay process (P2P) and proactively propose and support improvements of the P2P policies and procedures
- Become SME in AP Manufacturing processes to deliver training and knowledge development of AP Team members
- Supports critical and urgent request from vendors, plants, finance, or AP Leadership that requires cross plant analysis
- Builds plans aligned with Leadership to address issues impacting P2P steps across multiple locations
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries including vendor and procurement issues
- Reviewing purchase orders and resolving discrepancies through managing parked & blocked reports to facilitate timely vendor payments
- Ensure invoices are posted according to terms to identify discount opportunities
- Assists with accounting records for audit purposes
- Reconcile monthly statements and transactions
- Ensure all vendor statements are properly reconciled to ensure timely GR/IR review
- Accurate posting of in transit inventory (Manufacturing)
- Other related duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or Economics
- Experience with P2P technology and collaborating with multiple internal entities for problem resolution
- 3-5 years in a Procurement / Sourcing / Accounts Payable / Finance role
- 3 years of expertise in End-to-End request-to-pay processes
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships with internal resources
- Uses knowledge of P2P best practices and technology to develop/champion best-in-class results
- Ability to identify process efficiency improvements and drive implementation cross-functionally
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, document and maintain processes and methods
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Strategic mindset with strong skill to manage change, ambiguity, complexity, and drive for results
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, effectively presenting complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to project leadership and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Intermediate/advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including but not limited to working knowledge of v-lookup and pivot tables
- Experience working with ERP and OCR systems; SAP/Readsoft experience is highly preferred
- Must be willing and able to work overtime during peak demand periods and monthly closing cycle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills inclusive of the ability to work as a member of a team
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail along with excellent time management skills
- The ability and desire to work independently and take ownership of your own personal brand
- Creative ideas that bring an entrepreneurial mindset to our team
- Ability and passion to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing work environment while multi-tasking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.