Do you like researching Patents, analyzing claims and formulas as well as educating the researchers on Patent coverage and marking procedures?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are looking for a Patent Analyst to onboard on this thrilling adventure!
- Creating, updating, and maintaining databases, systems, and web-based applications and updating information for patent coverage, patent marking, and patent mapping/cartography activities involving L’Oreal’s patents and corresponding product information
- Analyzing and reviewing patent claims and specifications as well as formulations which also require working with patent attorneys/agents, inventors and formulators
- Retrieving, reviewing, and documenting product and ingredient information and other related information (e.g., processes, commercial activities)
- Educating and training researchers on patent coverage and marking procedures and use of related databases
- Preparing reports, presentations and training materials related to patent coverage and patent marking
- Providing support on patent activities related to competitor products, marketing claims and communications involving patents, and patent enforcement matters as needed
- Keeping abreast of changes in patent law and competitor activities related to patent marking
- A Chemistry/Biology/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry degree
- Knowledge of US patent law, the IP process, FTO (freedom to operate) concepts
- Experience with reading/analyzing patent claims
- Experience with U.S. patent information retrieval systems (e.g., PAIR, and EFS-Web) and obtaining legal status of patents
- Familiarity with ingredients and formulations in the cosmetic industry
- Familiarity with web-based systems
- Ideally, with at least 3 years of work experience in a corporate setting
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
- Highly collaborative, driven and self-motivated with a positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR