POSITION: Assistant Category Manager – Tools/Beauty
REPORTS TO: Director - Category Management, Beauty
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Assistant Category Manager is responsible to assist the Category Manager and Category Director with tasks needed to manage the brands in a specific category segment. This position plays the key role in executing and communicating with manufacturer partners/brands. The Assistant Category Manager is accountable for specific communication and collaboration vehicles used amongst internal SalonCentric partners including but not limited to: supply chain, planning, information management, compliance, sales channels, finance, marketing, education, and shows.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a resource working with Partner Brands and SalonCentric Category Management to ensure the smooth flow of information necessary to the operation of the business
- Work Directly with Partner Brands
- Collect data/information from the brands to set up items and set up promotions
- Work with Partner Brands to ensure accurate and timely completion of forms submitted
- Train vendors to accurately complete forms as needed
- Manage communication coming in from brand and going out to brands
- Send documents/information out to brands as directed
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with brands
- Attend brand meetings as requested to understand the priorities of the brand
- Assume responsibilities for brands as directed by Category Manager/Director
- Provide updates on brand performance to Category Management
- Drive increased efficiencies via process improvement and workload reduction
- Data Management/ Document Management
- Work in the SalonCentric Passport system to load and manage items and promotions
- Handle Revisions and Changes that come in from brands
- Load data/forms collected from brands into SalonCentric systems, correct errors and make changes as needed
- Initiate new item set up
- Collect SDS sheets for new items
- Update Item status as requested by Category Management
- Conduct Ad Hoc analysis as requested by Category Manager/Director
- Assist in managing special events: i.e. Shows, New User Kits, National Events, Annual Events……
- Communication and Process Management
- Provide clear, accurate and timely information within SalonCentric to keep all areas up to date and informed of changes/progress/issues/opportunities
- Take on additional duties such as merchandising/POG projects or other tasks requested by Category Manager/Director
- Manage the Ad Spec Process for Category Management
- Check Reservation list to ensure brands are included
- Post Ad Spec to appropriate Share Point prior to ad spec meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required.
Experience in beauty industry preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in business management, marketing or similarly related professional; experience in financial analysis or data analytics highly desirable
- Strong software skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally
- Strong team player with an ability to work in team environment and independently
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.