Assistant Manager - Human Resources, Franklin Manufacturing
Perform administrative duties to provide support to the Franklin Manufacturing Human Resources Department.
The Assistant Manager-HR is responsible for supporting HR Generalist initiatives and administrative tasks while working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop and manage talent while aligning with the overall business strategy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provide daily administrative support - initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests; prepares offer letters, compensation proposals, and open job requisitions
- First point of contact for employee questions and inquiries; provide guidance on standard policies and procedures
- Coordinate the Intern program; source and recruit co-op’s, onboarding, coordinate special programs for co-ops, maintain close relationships and provide counseling and support.
- Oversee and ensure onboarding is followed through for all new hires; conduct new hire orientations as needed for interns/co-ops
- Temporary Employees – coordinate requests with agencies and screen potential candidates; monitor assignments to ensure alignment with Group norms
- Prepare reporting, and analyses as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plan
- Monitor the leaves of absences and ensure proper paperwork is being sent to- and received by employees.
- Complete system responses to unemployment claims.
- Complete and maintain all employee records in compliance with federal, state and company regulations. Ensure protection of employee privacy following company policies and procedures.
- Perform data analysis and create PowerPoint presentations, as needed
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performance of all duties.
- Perform other duties, activities and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· Minimum 2-3 years or prior extensive HR related experience
· Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
· Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience or education focused on employee relations, talent acquisition and talent development.
· Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Some experience with an HRIS tool, MS Access and/or MS Project a plus.
· Strong written and oral communication skills; demonstrated creative problem solving skills, proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships, strong mathematical and analytical skills, good time management skills, excellent judgment and strong customer focus.
· Well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of our organization.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently; attention to detail and maintaining strict confidentiality is critical
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.