Assistant Manager – Human Resources, Research & Innovation
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering all people worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Assistant Manager, HR, to join our Human Resources department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. The Assistant Manager will report to the VP, HR and will be responsible for supporting HR Generalist/Specialist initiatives and administrative tasks for the L’Oreal USA Research & Innovation Human Resources Department. They will be specifically focused on supporting our Enabling Partner client groups (Product Performance Evaluation, Safety, Regulatory, Claims, Microbiology and Analytical) along with our People Development & Learning, Diversity & Inclusion, Data Analytics and Simplicity initiatives.
HR Generalist Support:
- Provide daily administrative support for all R&I employees - initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests
- Complete, maintain and audit all personnel records in compliance with federal, state and company regulations. Ensure protection of employee privacy following company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall FIT process and ensure onboarding is followed through for all new hires; this includes all new hire logistics such as announcements, space, IT equipment, company cars, RedCarpet, non-competes, systems access, mobile devices, corporate cards, etc.
- Oversee employee exit process including workflows, severance (if applicable), replacement requisitions, etc.
- Host weekly R&I onboarding for all new hire employees
- Manage R&I HR intranet
- Prepare reporting, and data analyses as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plans, employee engagement surveys, monthly metrics through HRIS internal platforms (i.e. CAROL, Business Objects), etc.
- Manage COVID related reporting
- Lead HR onsite initiatives as required (ex. manage onsite flu shot organization with vendor and Total Rewards team)
- Manage Patent Award payment, processing and certifications
- Manage HR Learning course enrollments
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performance of all duties
- Update organizational charts on a monthly basis
- Provide support for eTime approvals (bi-weekly), if needed
- Process Purchase Orders when necessary
- Provide support to temporary employees across the division and updating the monthly intern and temporary employee file for finance
- Perform other duties, activities, projects and meeting prep, as assigned
Judgment and Decision Making:
- This position requires minimal to moderate supervision. An ideal candidate would be able to autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term HR objectives. Training and supervision will be provided by manager, HR team and through corporate training initiatives to foster continued career growth and development.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting of 5-10 pounds for generic office based work
You Have . . .
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of prior experience or extensive HR internship while completing college degree experience required.
- Preference for those who have supported scientific employee client groups (1+ years experience)
- Must have demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation with a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Some experience with an HRIS tool, MS Access and/or MS Project a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong mathematical and analytical skills, good time management skills, excellent judgment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to build strong work relationships with all levels of our organization. Strong customer service focus. Must display executive maturity and manage emotions during periods of ambiguity, pressure and uncertainty.
- Strong curiosity and interest in Human Resources function; understanding of HR disciplines such as change management, organizational design, talent management, training design, employment law, etc. is a plus.
- Well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of our organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently in a fast paced and complex environment. Resourcefulness is key.
- Attention to detail and maintaining strict confidentiality is critical.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
L’Oréal Human Resources Competences:
- Operational Master – Delivers a service of excellence
- People Champion – Builds a diverse team of champions
- Change Agent – Anticipates and facilitates change
- Strategic Business Driver – Transforms business challenges into HR Strategy
- Innovator – Invent life changing beauty experiences
- Strategist – Shape the future and make the way
- Entrepreneur – Run it as your own business
- Integrator – Foster co-operation for agility
- People Developer – Grow people to grow business
You Are . . .
- Passionate about human resources and being part of a best in class team creating a diverse, inclusive and amazing place to work.
- Able to think and plan strategically, with the ability to be creative and think “outside the box”.
- Able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members to achieve department goals & objectives.
- Someone who can prioritize multiple projects while working with various groups within a matrix organization.
- Able to work in international, multi-disciplinary environments with extensive worldwide networks and global teams.
- A clear and strategic communicator to expert and non-expert audiences alike (oral, written, presentations).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.