Section 1: General Information
Position: Assistant Manager – Sales Operations
Supervisor Title: AVP- Sales Operations
Job #: 079284
Job Category: Sales Operations
Location: NYC – 10 Hudson Yards
City: New York
Division: Luxury Products Division
Brand: all Luxe Brands (9)
Section 2: Job Summary
The Assistant Manager will aid in executing strategic and tactical sales reporting initiatives for the Sales Division of Lancôme while also ensuring accurate and consistent messaging of sales performance across the organization. She/he will partner primarily with the Account Teams, Management, and Greater Sales Operations Team in the compilation, auditing and reporting of sales data with a focus in reporting on door level information. Secondarily, the Assistant Manager will be the main point of contact for system related issues and act as Data Steward across total One Luxe in maintaining the “back of house” data necessary to ensure ease of reporting. They will work with our IT partners to identify, test and implement solutions, including any related communications.
Section 3: Responsibilities
- Compile, audit, and report on the sales performance of the overall business on a weekly, monthly, yearly and promotional timeframe (i.e., actuals to forecast reporting (weekly), year to date performance reports (monthly), strategic door reporting (quarterly), field performance to bonus goals (yearly))
- Manage and maintain integrity of door level data in SAP in addition to fulfilling door data related requests by processing the following transactions – door openings, closings, field realignments.
- Support Manager and AVP by ways of data driven support during key timeframes i.e., presentation prep for strategic leadership meetings (e.g., Quarterly Sales Review, NSM (National Sales Meeting), IMM (International Market Meetings), etc…)
- Assist with ad hoc projects, including special requests from upper management on subjects such as, but not limited to – competitive activity and performance, target door analysis, operational workflows, process efficiencies
- Aid in the development of tools to be used by management to analyze and report retail sales and other business-related needs (e.g., nets, productivity, etc...)
- Track, issue resolution, escalation etc. as you follow a report/data request from submission through to delivery.
- Leverage available reporting tools and confirm data integrity thorough testing.
- Develop training materials and job aides to support reporting rollouts.
- Develop an understanding of the strengths/limitations of the various tools and technologies available. Suggest alternate methods of data preparation and presentation.
- Collaborate closely with, and build trust among, various cross-functional partners in order to drive desired results (sales promo, sales admin, account teams, demand planning, finance, marketing, luxe corporate)
Section 4: Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in Retail, CPG or consulting i.e., merchandise planning, merchandise buying, sales and inventory planning
- Ability to partner with, and influence, cross-functional partners
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently; can take initiative on projects
- Organized and detail-oriented to ensure accuracy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and sense of urgency; ability to deal effectively with the pressure of multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities
- Retail knowledge preferable, but not required
This position description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.