POSITION: Assistant Manager, Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Operational Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Publications & Direct Mail
LOCATION: St Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
The Asst. Marketing Manager assists in all aspects of planning and producing SalonCentric and State RDA print and digital publications as well as execution of strategic direct mail campaigns for both SalonCentric and brand partners. The position requires strong project management and organizational skills and cross-functional collaboration internal and external teams including Marketing, Creative Services, Brand and Category Management teams.
The Saloncentric and StateRDA catalogs are critical sales and promotional business tools used by all teams and are distributed with an extensive reach to customers. The Asst. Marketing Manager, in conjunction with and in support of the Publications and Direct Mail Sr. Marketing Manager, assists in the planning, building and production of marketing collateral, including the monthly catalogs and direct mail campaigns.
The Asst. Marketing Manager would contribute to the creation of and provide project-specific administrative support for SalonCentric priorities such as monthly sales and themes, DE&I activations, and key customer programs and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work to assist in all aspects of production, timeline adherence and creation of the SalonCentric and State RDA catalogs
- Assist with overall ad spec and proofing process with internal teams (Promotional Planning, Category Management, Pricing, Marketing, Education, and Creative). Proactively follow up to obtain missing promotional information (SKU numbers, deal configurations, ad specifications) and creative assets
- Coordinate with Brands to source content (images, educational tips & techniques, deal sheets, digital files etc.) for publications and to update selling materials
- Follow up with the brands to secure commitments, confirm ad space, obtain artwork, product knowledge, and approvals / added-value content prior to production
- Work collaboratively with Creative Services, Marketing teams, Channel teams and Digital teams on integrated marketing campaign opportunities and strategy tied to direct mail
- Reconcile and report advertising to invoice brands and ensure advertising invoices are submitted and collected
- Prepare purchase orders, process and track invoices
- Assist with process and execution of direct mail campaigns for targeted audiences for SalonCentric and brand partners
- Coordinate logistics such as quantities, shipping, and dimensions to ensure on-time execution within budget
- Administrative duties and support needs tied to marketing programs and initiatives
- Work with Sr. Publications Manager on preparation of annual Media Kits for promotional publications and sell sheets for specialty publications
- Allocate quantities by region based on sales volumes, channel counts and number of customers
- Coordinate with DDX team to obtain up-to-date mailing lists for each publications based on defined segmentation criteria
- At least 2 years of relevant marketing, brand management and or Advertising / Promotional agency (account management)
- Strong Project Management skills – detail oriented and highly organized, while remaining deadline-driven
- Proactive and persistent in driving projects to completion and following up on deliverables from other departments – Resourceful in seeking out information and identifying solutions to problems
- Multi-tasker able to work in a fast-paced environment and accelerate multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills – Able to interact professionally with all levels of management, brand partners and outside vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Advertising, Business or Retail Management preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Office applications – specifically Excel and Powerpoint
- Print and/or digital production experience is a PLUS
- Minimal travel required
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.