Сфера деятельности: Marketing
Тип должности: Permanent
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: New York, NY
Страна: United States
Job Title: Assistant Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability
Location: New York Headquarters – 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY
BACKGROUND ON L’OREAL USA
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix, Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay. Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
BACKGROUND ON SHARING BEAUTY WITH ALL
L’Oréal’s company-wide sustainability program, Sharing Beauty with All, was launched in 2013. The program is L’Oréal’s approach to meeting the environmental & social challenges of the future and adopting low-carbon, socially-inclusive business practices. The company’s commitments under Sharing Beauty with All have clear targets for 2020 which cover every rung of the L’Oréal’s value chain: manufacturing, supply chain, ingredient sourcing, formulation, packaging, marketing, etc. Every subsidiary, including L’Oréal USA, has to define and conduct a strategy to meet the commitments locally and contribute towards achieving the global targets.
- Define Sharing Beauty with All sustainability goals, strategy and implementation plan for the U.S. market across all divisions and functions of the business.
- Serve as the Director of L’Oréal USA’s sustainability governance structure and manage the strategic and day-to-day operations of governing body, including implementation of US action plan.
- Act as the intermediary between Global Chief Sustainability Officer and global Sharing Beauty with All project team at headquarters and L’Oréal USA’s Chief Communications Officer and senior management in order to define the proper implementation of the global strategy locally, identify & define local opportunities and milestones, resolve global/local differences in terms of success metrics, implementation and organization.
- Report sustainability progress & updates to U.S., and international management and business leaders and provide recommendations whenever there are issues hindering progress.
- Collaborate with brands on sustainability pilot programs, support the translation of sustainability into brand strategies and marketing plans, and provide thought leadership on brand philanthropic strategy, cause marketing campaigns and social innovation more broadly.
- Inspire innovation by collecting and communicating sustainability best practices from Operations, R&I, HR and the brands both internally and externally.
- Contribute to strategic conversations and special projects with external stakeholders (NGOs, trade associations, business partners) related to the topic of sustainability.
- Raise L’Oréal’s sustainability profile and thought leadership through participation in external sustainability organizations, working groups and events.
- Work with the heads of External Communications & Internal Communications in the U.S. to identify opportunities to communicate milestones, achievements and leadership moments to key audiences related to Sharing Beauty with All program.
- Work with the Learning for Development department and Internal Communications to convene, educate, train and motivate employees to meet 2020 goals.
- Work with the head of Public Affairs to manage public-affairs related sustainability and CSR issues, including engaging in government relations activities.
- Serve as main internal and external spokesperson on the topic of sustainability and L’Oréal’s Sharing Beauty with All program.
- Project management skills for all phases of Sharing Beauty with All: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling the commitments
- A strong command of change management theory and practice; provide both the structure and the tools needed to manage and realize change successfully on the technical and people side
- An ability to identify the specific challenges of streamlining Sharing Beauty with All within L’Oréal USA and finding ways to facilitate the process and create a common culture of sustainability
- Interest and curiosity for technical topics around sustainability (such as life cycle analysis, renewable energies, the sourcing of ingredients, sustainable packaging design)
- Ability to work in tandem with local U.S. teams & management, as well the Sharing Beauty with All leadership in Paris and international experts
- Ability to help brands translate L’Oréal’s Sharing Beauty with All commitments into marketing strategies
- Identify the best external partners and multi-stakeholders to leverage to help L’Oréal USA accelerate its Sharing Beauty with All activities
- An entrepreneurial and initiative-taking spirit. Ability to seize unique opportunities in the U.S. landscape to engage L’Oréal USA on sustainability and to build its sustainability reputation
- Spokesperson skills and ease at stakeholder relations