Do you have a passion for consumer products, scientific research and are driven to deliver strong innovations?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Application Domain is responsible for transforming scientific discoveries, technological inventions, and new consumer aspirations into innovation prototypes that exceed consumer perceived performance. The key missions are to identify and develop innovative technologies for hair, skin, or makeup applications. In Application Domain, you'll work in a dynamic, team-oriented lab environment, where you'll interact with cross-functional groups globally for new product development, product concept testing, and smooth transition of the technology into our Development Laboratories.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Associate Principal Scientist to join our Face Makeup and Hybrids Application Domain team for located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. In this role, you will focus on pioneering life-changing, innovative solutions to transfer to our downstream teams to bring to market.
You Will . . .
- Identify key raw materials and technologies that allow to deliver on the project objectives, is a key contributor to deliver results
- Design sustainable face makeup formulas to meet the project objectives, monitor their stability and quality, and fully explore the potential consumer perceivable benefits both in vitro and in vivo
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of cosmetic formulation to be able to anticipate challenges and generate a strategic plan to deliver results
- Establish the technical paths and milestones to meet objectives and proposes recommendations to the Project Leader to prioritize them on the overall project planning
- Work closely with project leader and project manager to ensure proper communication of key decision points, blocking points and delays to management and support teams
- Put in place a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented
- Independently prepare regular progress reports providing a clear overview of project status to senior management and colleagues
- Maintain a detailed and legible laboratory notebook and a safe and organized laboratory environment
- Maintain good knowledge of competitors’ products and patents and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends
- Work closely with the development lab to ensure a smooth transition of new products and technologies
You Have . . .
- A Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Surface and Colloid Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Physical Chemistry, with 2-5 years of industry experience is required
- Experience in emulsion formulations is preferred
- Knowledge of film formers, emulsion, adhesion and/or materials characterization is preferred
- Experience with instrumentation including DSC, DMA, TGA, Rheometer, FTIR, SEM is a plus
- Experience in paint coating industry is also a plus
You are . . .
- Able to work under pressure while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Working independently to drive projects forward with high efficiency
- Creative and self-motivated to think out of the box
- Are willing to take an extra step to get the job done
- An excellent communicator and presenter to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Someone with foreign language skills (a plus)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.