Title: Associate Scientist – Expert
Department: Product Performance Evaluation (Expert)
Location: Clark, NJ
Reports To: Manager – Product Performance Evaluation – Expert
- MAJOR FUNCTION
The position is in the Product Performance Evaluation Department at the L'Oreal USA R&D facility in Clark, NJ. This position is a hybrid role which is responsible for performing high quality, accurate expert technical assessments of formula performance criteria according to defined test protocols, gestures and rating scales across all L’Oreal products with an emphasis on the makeup category. In addition, this position will be handling data analysis, data synthesis and report writing of hair expert studies.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Expert Researcher and Evaluation
- Analyzes expert data and writes reports to clearly communicate findings to the formulation chemists
- Generates information and prepare monthly status reports
- Responsible for high quality, accurate assessment of formula performance criteria according to standard protocols in the following categories;
- Makeup formulae (ie; mascara, lipstick, foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc.)
- Qualifies models for participation in studies based on specific study criteria
- Develops strong intra and inter-departmental cross-functional relationships and foster integration of knowledge across métiers pertaining to Expert Evaluation.
- May require domestic and/or international travel for special operations or presentations
- General housekeeping of Evaluation Center and work space
- Performs other duties as assigned
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Food Science, Sensory Science, Psychology or related field; M.S. is a plus
- Licensed cosmetologist with recent/current salon, spa or makeup counter experience
- Expertise in UV gel type nail products, a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Product Evaluation related software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in personal care industry and associated makeup/skincare/hair products/services
- Excellent team player
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize
- Must be highly proactive, possessing the ability to start and persist with a course of action; demonstrating strong self-motivation
- Must possess the ability to systematically define and analyze problems, evaluate and propose potential solutions
- Familiarity with profile testing methodology needed.
- Must posses the ability to self-insure the quality of one’s work and take ownership for the final product or output
- Must possess the ability to clearly present information in written form
- DIRECTION RESPONSIBILITY
This position is part of the Product Performance Evaluation team, specifically the Expert group.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.