Функция: Отдел исследований
Тип занятости: Полный рабочий день
Место расположения: New Jersey - Clark
L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Associate Scientist or Scientist – Instrumental Evaluation, Clark, NJ
The Instrumental Evaluation department is a specialized team focused on objective, scientific testing of innovative products in development by L’Oreal laboratories. Testing methods are developed, validated, and adjusted as needed to keep up with the exploration of novel properties of new formulas. This team also executes research and develops knowledge of hair and skin properties, including its response to environment and treatment, across various ethnicities.
This position will work on aid-to-formulation and innovation instrumental testing and will assist in instrumental method development specifically for skin care products and beauty devices manufactured by L’Oreal USA.
- Organizes, plans, and effectively executes instrumental testing to support aid to formulation and innovation studies for skin care products and beauty devices;
- Maintains instrumentation and laboratory equipment and ensures proper operation/maintenance documentation;
- Analyzes instrumental test data and writes reports and memos to clearly communicate findings and share information with colleagues;
- Collaborates with labs, international colleagues, and evaluation team to determine which test methods are needed;
- Validates new methods and evaluates new equipment for product testing;
- Evaluates and summarizes published literature (internal and external) on various topics surrounding skin, skin testing, and skin treatment devices;
- Works on expanding knowledge of skin, including executing research studies when needed;
- Drives projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism;
Prioritizes projects workload with supervisor, performs project tracking and scheduling;
- Develops ways to improve efficiency of daily operation of the Instrumental Evaluation group;
- Bachelors with 1-3 years of relevant working experience OR Masters with 0-2 years of relevant working experience; preferred areas of study include Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, Bioinformatics or related fields;
- Excellent interpersonal, technical communication (written/oral), and organizational skills a must;
- Experience with experimental lab work and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting a must;
- Experience in processing data and statistical analysis is a must;
Experience in medical devices and device prototyping highly desirable;
- Experience in image processing (ImageJ, ImagePro) is highly desirable;
- Programming skills is highly desirable, especially experience with computational software, such as Labview, Matlab, C++, or Java;
- Experience Instron materials testing, Corneometer, FTIR, contact angle, Spectrophotometer, Chromameter, Cutometer, TEWL measurement, friction and/or tack measurements, shine measurement, and/or clinical photography, highly desirable;
- Knowledge of skin, cosmetic properties and substrate–product relationship a plus;
- Must be able to work on several complex projects at the same time with flexibility and organization;
Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
◄ Вернуться к списку вакансий