Job: Assistant Manager – Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Division: Consumer Products Division, Supply Chain
Location: Clark/Cranbury, NJ
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Assistant Manager, HR is responsible for supporting the Consumer Products Division Human Resources initiatives and working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage employees while aligning with the overall business strategy.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- HR Business Partner for junior level employees (ex. Interns and Pepinieres)
- Employee development - Build employee relationships and coordinate informal and formal training needs
- Recruitment - Recruits and onboards all non-exempt positions (ex. MMSI, MMS II, Coordinators, Specialists, Interns). Secures high profile pool of talent for division. Partners with the centralized Talent Recruitment team and the HRBPs to ensure a timely recruitment process.
- Employee relations - Champion work environment vision through relationships with employees, provide advice and coaching to employees and facilitate employee events.
- Total rewards - Work with Total Rewards to evaluate employee total rewards packages and support pay recommendations consistent with policy guidelines.
- HR policies and programs - Interpret, apply and monitor HR policy and program opportunities to support line operations, and assure compliance.
- Act as interface between Corporate and brand HR teams on all corporate initiatives.
- Manages centralization of divisional HR data. Manage HR transactions, workflows, job requisitions, and employee files. Ongoing attention to data integrity across DIVISION including headcount audits.
- Process invoices and maintains department budget records using SAP
- Assist with preparation of monthly HR reports using Org Plus for organizational charts, Business Objects for other reporting such as MAP tracking, etc.
- Create and execute location based events and company sponsored events.
- Employment Law - Sensitivity and understanding of Employment Law and concepts and application thereof.
- Prepare and coordinate all aspects of data gathering and compilation of gov’t programs, including AAP, EEOC, etc.
- Various projects throughout the Division.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field required
- 1-3 years of proven Human Resources experience required
- Compensation – understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same
- Legal - understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - general knowledge of P & L, including budget process
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Ability to lead peers and think outside of the box
- Strong communication (verbal/written), presentation, facilitation, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Executive maturity - ability to manage emotions and relationships during periods of ambiguity, pressure and uncertainty.
- Business acumen - basic knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Change management - ability to understand and assist groups through change
Technical / Professional: Human Resources Competences
- Operational Master – Delivers a service of excellence
- People Champion – Builds a diverse team of champions
- Change Agent – Anticipates and facilitates change
- Strategic Business Driver – Transforms business challenges into HR Strategy
- Innovator – Invent life changing beauty experiences
- Strategist – Shape the future and make the way
- Entrepreneur – Run it as your own business
- Integrator – Foster co-operation for agility
- People Developer – Grow people to grow business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.