Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
L'Oréal sells 50 products every second worldwide. (That’s over 4 million products a day, if you’re wondering.). As a Business Development Intern you’ll be working on growing our five main product categories; haircare, hair colour, fragrances, cosmetics and skincare. The Business Development Team strengthens the relationship between retailer and supplier enabling greater collaboration to exchange information, share data and build growth of the category together.
In this role you will be thinking of unique ways in which we can improve these categories, and communicate them effectively to retailers. The role also provides significant exposure to both the Sales and Marketing teams. You will also be liaising with several divisions within a retailer which will develop your project management skills, test your communication skills, efficiency, co-ordination and interpersonal skills, with plenty of opportunity for you to work on your own projects.
- Generate reports and recommendations, alongside the development and implementation of projects
- Liaise with both Marketing and Commercial teams at all stages of development
- Pull data and taking a deep dive to the external market
- Undertake competitor analysis and feeding into the wider strategy
- Support Category manager with investigations and recommendations to the wider business
- Strong interpersonal skills and management potential
- An ability to work within tight deadlines, both internal and external
- Organisation skills, proactivity and you are able to plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- A logical, solutions focused mind set
- Strong analytical skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.