Brand Analyst Sales, Next Big Brands – Walmart + Target
Responsible for delivering consistent, actionable insights through OMNI data-driven analysis for the Carols Daughter, Soft-Sheen Carson, and Thayers’ Walmart and Target Sales Teams that accelerate both consumption growth and market share in the Hair Care, Hair Color & Skincare categories.
Location: Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, or NYC, NY
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
Mission and defining characteristics:
- Assists build of analysis of sales fundamentals in order to gain share profitably at their account
- Member of Brand Sales team specific customer in field
- Supports NAM’s with brand selling stories and tracking performance
- Owner and expert on the Hair color, Haircare & Skincare categories
- Develops a deep understanding of Walmart and Target’s KPI’s (Sales, Profit, Margin, ROAS, ROI, Digital Penetration, etc.) that contribute to the success equation at the retailers.
- Analyze the growth levers with specific focus on the shopper so selling is through shopper insights.
- Support the Brand Sales customer strategy through detailed analysis
- Supports NAMs on all fundamental analysis required
- Drive the business as key member, by collaborating with multi-functional team and leveraging all insights to drive brand growth. Maintains all reporting needed to run the business.
- Establishes and maintains the reoccurring (weekly, monthly, quarterly) commercial reporting for the business. Leverage cross-functional teams and tools to maximize automation and efficiency.
- Lead on the Hair color, Haircare, and Skin categories: reporting, analytics, insights and recommendations
- Knowledge of the full Brand portfolio and competitive products at a specific customer
- Owns the analysis of promotional events, new item performance and is a key owner of display setup and analytics.
- Supports NAM objectives and growing share of business for category
- Develops reporting for all initiatives and key opportunities
- Must become proficient at leveraging the various platforms available for analysis and insights
- Leverages data-driven results: Must be data driven and have strong analytical skills. Able to diagnosis and then articulate the business drainers and drivers using data.
- Enriches team dynamics through collaboration: Someone who is a team player and interacts effectively through collaboration with multiple stakeholders. Brings energy to the total to Mass Teams.
- A curious innovator: Beauty is a daily, trend driven business and we’re constantly learning new things and facing new challenges. This dynamic requires the team to embrace the test and learn mindset as we strive to break the autopilot.
- A scrappy self-starter: Anticipate and identify root causes of business performance – good or bad – while showcasing the agility to harmonize data from multiple sources and tools.
- Interacts effectively
- Demonstrates analytical approach to business management
- Proven knowledge of retailer strategies and objectives
- Strong knowledge of retailer data/syndicated data
- Deep knowledge of beauty and personal care, specifically for given category
- Target and Walmart POS systems (Retail Link & POL) as a nice to have
- 2 to 3 years in an data or analytics-focused role, working on projects that have enabled them to build strong quantitative skills and business judgment
- Advanced math and analytical skills, fluency in Excel and databases (must pass an excel test)
- Ability to break down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, and key assumptions
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights, communicate across different internal and external stakeholders
What’s In It For You:
Salary Range: $63,000-$94,400 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.