At SalonCentric we are committed to creating a Beautiful Place To Work. We understand that your career journey is unique, and we strive to offer an inclusive, diverse and equitable culture to foster your passion and enhance your skills.
We are thrilled to announce we are Hiring a Category Manager. This role will be based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida. You will report to the Sr. Manager—Category Management.
If you love problem-solving, have a proactive mindset, and are energized by working directly with beauty brands, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a collaborative and positive team player with excellent communication and project management skills to join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Brands and SalonCentric Internal teams:
- Foster an environment that welcomes change and promotes high levels of integrity, ingenuity, creative thinking, risk tolerance and collaboration.
- Drive increased efficiencies via process improvement and workload reduction
- Provide clear, accurate and timely information within SalonCentric to keep all areas up to date and informed of changes/progress/issues/opportunities.
- Conduct brand meetings, provide brand data and information they need to effectively contribute to growing their business.
- Drive Profitable Sales, Deliver Margins and Meet Inventory Objectives:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of business to maximize sales and gross margin, while managing inventory objectives for select brands.
- Develop strategic opportunities to ensure long term sustained growth and gain market share.
- Fully participate and contribute in business planning meetings (forecast, disposition, promotions, marketing…)
- Provide promotional/item/brand plans based on sales goals, historical analysis, trends, future product launches and seasonal events:
- Research and analyze customer insights from both internal & external sources to create the best customer experience.
- Identify new brands, trends, innovation within the industry and update assortments to fulfill the changing needs of the marketplace.
- Proactively provide assessment/recommendation for promotions, new launches based on analysis and collaboration with brands/Demand Planning.
- Negotiate exclusive promotions and prioritize brand promotional submissions to provide the greatest return while controlling risk.
- Develop a plan for promotional placement within stores and publication.
- Ensure accuracy of all printed/digital communications to include: pricing, deal content, material set up and pagination.
- Measure sell-through and the effectiveness of each promotion with Demand Planning to ensure a competitive position
- Build segmented assortments to align with channels, drive assortment productivity within store channels.
- Partner with brand and Store Visual to build Plan-O-Gram and marketing materials.
- Provide Leadership within the SalonCentric Organization:
- Mentor peers and members of the overall team (Demand Planning, Compliance Officers, Store Replenishment, Assistant Category Managers and new hires).
- Proactively provide guidance and communication to cross-functional teams regarding updates/changes/launches/introductions/strategies by your brands.
- Take on additional duties as requested by management.
Things You’re Skilled In:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in business management, marketing or similarly related professional experience in financial analysis or data analytics is highly desirable.
- Product development experience is highly desirable.
- Strong software skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to lead and motivate multiple groups/individuals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally with peers and management.
- A strong team player with an ability to work in a team environment and independently.
Why You’ll Love Us:
Medical/Dental/ Vision 401k & Match Profit Sharing
Life & Disability Insurance Stock Options Employee Discounts
Paid Time Off & Holidays Free Goods Flexible Work
Summer Friday Program Referral Bonuses GymPass
Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
…And much more!
To learn more about the position and what the company is up to, please follow us on:
INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER PINTEREST
SALON CENTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFORDS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED UNDER LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS.