As a Chemist in our Industrial Quality department you will perform testing, analysis and disposition of raw materials, bulk formulas, work in process (WIP) and finished goods in support of production and release of cosmetic products. Dual Knowledge in Chemistry and Microbiology ideal.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities are not limited to the below listing;
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the quality control of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Works with Process Expert and UP, as necessary;
- Perform quality control testing according to the L’Oreal DGO methods;
- Responsible for quality control testing and release of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues notification on non-conforming lots;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Responsible for investigation on out of specification results;
- Capable of trouble-shooting equipment related issues;
- Interacts closely with processing/production on daily production needs;
- Knowledgeable and understand how to carry out testing on instrumentation;
- Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner;
- Complete paperwork and computer work;
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
- Actively engaged in safety programs (MESURE, ISO, etc.)
- Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/DGO regulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Microbiology
- 2-5 years industry experience
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistics are essential in completing the job requirements of this position;
- Strong English verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
Tools and equipment used in job
- Viscometer, pH meter, centrifuge, Karl Fischer Instrument, microwave, and specific gravity test, HPLCs, UV Visible Spectrophotometer, AA, XRF, and other relevant equipment as needed.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Some tests may require ability to apply certain levels of pressure with the hands;
- Some procedures require safe work with hazardous materials;
- Employees are required to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, L’Oreal provided smocks. There is certain equipment that requires additional PPE.
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.