For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Analytical Chemistry is responsible for working with our over 35 brands and partnering with development and manufacturing teams to design studies, generate analytical data, and summarize findings regarding our products using the latest instruments, methodologies, and techniques. We value the development of products that are backed by science to establish stability, performance, safety, and quality regardless of the brand or division.
We are looking for talent that is passionate about problem-solving and investigating the chemistry behind our products, can use data to support conclusions and claims, and has a deep drive to ensure beauty products are held to the highest standards in quality and safety.
- Design analytical experiments and analyze samples ranging from raw materials to finished products using chromatographic and other analytical techniques.
- Work on projects with teams to drive new product development. These activities include method development and validation, stability testing, formula troubleshooting, substrate deposition & penetration studies, and general laboratory testing.
- Perform root cause analyses for non-conformance events related to laboratory testing.
- Adapt to changes, delays, or other unexpected events, and prioritize the work to ensure on time delivery of results and critical project milestones.
- Process and interpret accurately results, derive conclusions based on sound science, and prepare reports to effectively communicate results and findings to key stakeholders (audience with and without scientific backgrounds).
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth and depth of the teams’ knowledge.
- Create and maintain laboratory procedures and other relevant documents such as validation protocols, reports, SOP, others.
- Adhere to written procedures and laboratory practices to ensure good quality and compliance.
- Adhere to site and department’s health and safety guidelines and maintain personal and shared workspace.
- Maintain awareness of consumer trends, as well as evolving capabilities in the analytical chemistry field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (analytical chemistry focus preferred), or related field, with 1-5 years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of HPLC, GC, FT-IR, UV-Vis, elemental analysis, physical testing, wet chemistry, and sample preparation techniques preferred
- Experience in the field of analytical chemistry including method development, troubleshooting and experimental design desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet timelines
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated to learn and develop within the organization
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.