Join our L’Oréal USA Research & Innovation Analytical Chemistry team!
Who We Are:
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Analytical Chemistry is responsible for working with our over 35 brands and partnering with development and manufacturing teams to design studies, generate analytical data, and summarize findings regarding our products using the latest instruments, methodologies, and techniques. We value the development of products that are backed by science to establish stability, performance, safety, and quality regardless of the brand or division.
We are looking for talent that is passionate about problem-solving and investigating the chemistry behind our products, can use data to support conclusions and claims, and has a deep drive to ensure beauty products are held to the highest standards in quality and safety.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our Analytical Chemistry team, you have a key role to play in the development of our products. Your responsibilities may include the following:
- Design experiments and analyze samples ranging from raw materials to finished products using chromatographic, spectroscopic, wet chemistry, and other analytical techniques
- Process analytical data and prepare reports to communicate results and findings to key stakeholders
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth and depth of the teams’ knowledge, specifically in the area of raw material quality control
- Adhere to site and department’s health and safety guidelines and maintain personal and shared workspace
- Maintain awareness of evolving capabilities in the analytical field
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, or related field, with 0-3 years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of HPLC, GC, spectroscopic, wet chemistry, and sample preparation techniques preferred
- Experience with method development, troubleshooting and experimental design desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet timelines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR