I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Works closely with all Research & Innovation (R&I) teams responsible for designing, validating and commercializing formulas for the Beauty industry. Hands on position to conduct and/or oversee the initial scale-up manufacturing of new formulations, conduct evaluation of batches using laboratory equipment, and assist in the development of processing procedures. Assist in process troubleshooting and joint batches project management with Demi Grand (DG) and Corporate Industrial Processing (CIQ). Actively participates in internal project teams focused on improvement of work flow, safety and efficiency. Works on multiple projects simultaneously with guidance from management as needed. The role involves significant amount of hands-on work in the DG production floor, occasionally in laboratories, pilot plant, or manufacturing plant environments. Combination of office, DG production floor, Pilot plant, and commercial production environments with the percentage of each varying with the requirements and stages of projects.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manufactures initial scale-up batches of revised/new formulations, refining procedures based on guidelines from formulation Laboratories, Process Development and Processing staff.
- Interface with all Research & Innovation (R&I) teams responsible for designing, validating and commercializing formulas for the Beauty industry to define and design processes for revised/new innovative products.
- Evaluate batches against lab standards, specifications and make necessary adjustments as required.
- Practice good laboratory techniques in compliance with DGO guidelines and laboratory SOP’s.
- Complete necessary records for all batches, clean and maintain equipment after use and maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
- Suggest, help explore and support introduction and implementation of new processing technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to Demi-Grand Processing Team on new technologies and equipment.
- With guidance from management, manage process development for multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute to department activity/project reports as required and otherwise present results to management and L’Oreal process community.
- Participate in safety evaluations, assessments and initial start-up training of new equipment.
- Assist management in running work flow and efficiency improvement projects.
- Recommend improvements in procedures, methodology and techniques.
- Performs other duties as required.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, 1+ years’ experience in cosmetic/personal care or related industry or Master’s a plus.
- Experienced with the operation and cleaning of various types of manufacturing equipment.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, familiarity with cGMP and FDA regulations a plus.
- Strong organization skills to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines seeking direct guidance as needed.
- Must possess ability to work well independently and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to think creatively to find new and unique solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated strong English verbal and written skills
- An ability to detect and evaluate difference in color and odor a plus.
- Ability to use and maintain balances, thermometers, and other related laboratory instruments and to prepare samples and complete test procedures.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. (15.9 Kg).
Work on fairly complex equipment under deadlines. Errors in work may cause business delays.
With guidance, manages a multiple project workload.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.