What we’ll do together:
As a Raw Materials Chemist for our Franklin Manufacturing plant you will support manufacturing activities by accurately performing raw material testing in a fast-paced environment. You’ll analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of materials based on specifications and organizational guidelines for your favorite L’Oreal brands!
What your day will look like:
- Perform physical-chemical testing on Raw Materials utilizing L’Oreal and USP methods.
- Maintain records and enter results utilizing SAP system.
- Accept or block deliveries of Raw Materials in accordance with L’Oréal specifications.
- Ensure relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, etc.)
- Lead investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicate on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
- Carry out relevant preparation, titration, calibration, and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
- Independently organize work tasks for the day according to business priorities and backlog, communicates effectively with lab personal and within IQ department
- Participate in and perform testing for additional projects as needed (ex. validation studies).
- Perform quality audits of production areas as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot lab instruments.
- Bring new ideas and innovations to the lab. Challenge the status quo and implement ideas to improve efficiencies.
- Manage assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines. Projects will primarily be for new instrumentation and installations within the lab; this will require working with teammates and external vendors.
- Develop and administer applicable trainings of new test methods and equipment.
- Participate in creation of new SOPs and reviewing existing ones.
- Maintain safe, clean work area, and adhere to L’Oreal Policies and Procedures
- Observe Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMPs/GLPs).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry required.
- 3+ years analytical chemistry experience required.
- Must have experience in wet chemistry (titrations) techniques and instrumentation including HPLC, G.C. and UV Spectroscopy, Auto-Titrans, FTIR, Mettler Melt Point/Drop Point, X-Ray Fluorescence.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience using SAP desired.
- Conscientious, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, and responsible.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal communications and ability to form effective relationships across departments.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis and ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
Learn about L’Oreal for the Future- our commitment to sustainability https://youtu.be/Dq_fFzUqwSY
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR