Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 18 Months (3 x 6 Month Rotation)
Start Dates: July 2020 or Jan 2021
Application Deadline: 29th November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £30,000 per annum
If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than the Commercial Management Trainee Scheme at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
Each year we offer up to 28 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 4 business areas. The scheme lasts for 18 months and is made up of three 6 month rotations across a variety of different roles. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong footing in your career with us.
Working in one of our National Accounts, Business Development, E-Comm or Field Sales Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Boots or John Lewis and many more, and help strike successful business deals to provide mutually beneficial business solutions. You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers good communication is key! Each rotation involves working closely with numerous teams within your allocated brand, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. You will also liaise closely with large clients such as Tesco, Superdrug or Selfridges.
- Track and analyse sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Support your team/account in tailoring new launches and maximising their success
- Identify new business opportunities
- Accurately forecast promotions and launch quantities
- Take on and manage your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailer
- Working with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand.
- Results driven with an ability to achieve set objectives
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Interest in the beauty industry and upcoming trends
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure.
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Graduated within the last 2 years
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.