Consumer Experience Manager
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Consumer Care Center
The objective of the Consumer Care team is to provide outstanding “ high touch service” for every consumer with whom we connect; improving the consumer care experience at the back end of the consumer journey, at many times post-purchase, but fully aligned with the front end marketing and pre-purchase experience across all channels to create a fully integrated experience as we holistically engage with the consumer. The consumer care experience encompasses two-way interactions through all front line employees who directly touch the consumer - community managers, ecommerce teams and care teams. The consumer experience manager will help design and continuously refine the flow of interaction in partnership with the various cross-functional teams ensuring the care experience of the consumer remains the key outcome. The manager will be part of the Consumer Care Team, which may be the primary contact for the consumer or may have been an escalation from a various team depending on the question and will directly support the escalation team within the care team.
Own escalation process and collaborate on digital rules of engagement across teams, vendors, brands, pertaining to transversal topics such as corporate issues, crisis, recall, health related, privacy, quality product complaints, etc.
Will own and drive complex issues and escalations, leveraging consumer insights to benefit internal stakeholders and protect the reputation of the company and its brands.
Manages internal escalation team and ensures effective management for Crisis and Issues in the Consumer Care Center, including product recall and escalations.
Review and challenge all existing processes, ensuring development of new processes as required by the business and leveraging and integrating new processes to improve the service offered. Ensure all proper documentation and update SOPs as needed.
Responsible for all contact center consumer channels (i.e. Phone, email, live chat, ratings & review, etc.) meeting corporate compliance expectations.
Strong collaboration with cross-functional partners to ensure that all compliance criteria are met across the organization, including multiple customer service groups outside of the Consumer Care Center, while keeping the customer experience as top of mind at all times.
Responsible for adherence to Privacy rules and regulations at the Consumer Care Center as well as liaising with Legal to ensure awareness of current and upcoming privacy legislation.
Leads compliance in Consumer Care Center including Pre-litigation, Store Claims and Governmental Agencies
Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) within the organization.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Passionate about the consumer experience. Proactively seek opportunities to exceed consumer expectations and enhance the consumer experience across all consumer touch points (channels) to increase sale and profits
- Continuously challenge existing processes to create efficiency and create new processes to adapt to changing customer service landscape including approved documentation and workflows
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure full awareness of Rules of Engagement and approved processes/workflows are in adherence.
- Oversees training for corporate issue handling; expanding this training to digital and e-learning capabilities
- Responsible for escalation management and ensuring satisfactory resolution of consumer complaints and protection of brand reputation.
- Research, identify, recommend and implement industry best practices for LUSA specific services that will reinforce employee engagement, consumer purchase and loyalty.
- Responsible for managing issues that escalate to the senior corporate level
- Manages special advertising and claims issues that need interaction with the brand or corporate communication
- Reviews and coordinates responses for consistency related to corporate issues
- Responsible for managing non-product related issues that escalate within the department
- Develops a network within the organization to resolve unusual or atypical consumer inquiries
Reputation and Issue Management:
- Actively participate on relevant crisis and issues management team and other cross-functional teams to address consumer communication related issues
- Monitors and responds to issues on social media channels involving corporate reputation, coordinates responses with Corporate Communications or other senior management, provides feedback for corporate responses in self-service tools
- Provides real-time monitoring during an ongoing crisis and issues on consumer engagement and emerging consumer comments.
- Availability 24/7 when in crisis mode
Privacy Rules and Regulations
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws across all channels, create, and sustain relationship with Legal to be informed of emerging issues and policies
- Responsible for training for all customer service teams for training in privacy including how to be aware of potential hacker scams, maintaining privacy for consumer personally identifiable information and escalation for potential security threats.
Pre-litigation Product Liability Case Handling:
- Oversee proper management of attorney represented consumer complaint cases
- Review proposed attorney settlements, including L’Oreal attorney if needed, prior to offer
- Provide reporting to internal and external legal sources and depositions for consumer complaint handling as required
- Ensure annual record destruction and record retention policies established procedures are followed
Governing Agency (FDA/BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU/ CPSC/ATTORNEY GENERAL) contacts
· Ensures that the team documents agency notifications and notifies others in the organization according to established procedure.
- Voice of Consumer champion, accountable for creating and executing the overall VOC Measurement across teams/channel and Strategy.
- Responsible to provide data-based insights around consumers to help inform brands, management, and corporate partners on corrective actions and opportunities.
- In partnership with cross-functional partners, identify next innovations in automation, AI and algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights in data internally to drive customer centricity and performance.
- Supports the Consumer Care Center’s team in ensuring optimal service levels (service metrics/customer satisfaction/first call resolution) maximizing use of resources while considering the expectations of the brand in an effort to reduce disruptions in service or detract from customer satisfaction.
- Competencies required:
- Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Displays Sensitivity to the Métier
- Listens and Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
- Achieves Results with Integrity
- Manages Complexity
- Interacts Effectively
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years in consumer engagement or consumer communication related background and Contact Center expertise: including People management, Workforce Management, Recall, Corporate, Social Crisis and Voice of the Consumer feedback loop.
- Deep and nuanced understanding of consumer communication/ consumer affairs as well as training and customer service skills
· Strong process management and continuous improvement ability
· Experience in implementing and utilizing technology initiatives as an enabler to improve business processes.
· Comfortable in high pressure, high visibility environment.
· Strong communication skills with an emphasis on listening.
· Ability to build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment in making decisions and ability to handle extreme sensitive situations, potentially high profile matters.
- Excellent project management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- E-commerce transactional and process expertise
- Expert knowledge of MS® Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Significant experience with CRM Systems such as Service Cloud, Spredfast, and Reporting & Analytic tools – Analyzer, Cognos, Spotfire
- Influence and persuasion skills. Organized self-thinker, with the ability to self-direct in a high pressure environment with changing deadlines.
- Ability to manage in a fast paced environment and balance multiple urgent matters with day to day responsibilities.
· Travel as required.