L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader.
The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires. To achieve this ambition, L’Oréal can rely on the support of a performing IT team.
IT EUROPE’s purpose is to answer and anticipate business expectations efficiently by deploying and developing IT solutions across Europe, and Africa. This position will support all Network and Telecoms activities in DACH hub.
As a true business partner for all our divisions, our multicultural team directly contributes to the success of L’Oréal’s brand portfolio: Lancôme, Yves-Saint Laurent, Biotherm, Kiehl’s, La Roche Posay, Vichy, Garnier, Maybelline New-York, Kerastase, Redken (…)
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in beauty innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. We democratize beauty at its best.
Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacies and retail stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, NYX, Mixa, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie.
As the division’s Digital & Data Director, you will cascade the global CDMO strategy for the division in the market, identifying key topics & innovation areas that will ensure CPD helps lead the Group’s digital transformation, maximizing O+O Activation plans across brands (incl full-funnel & data-driven media approach, embedding advocacy & BeautyTech within consumer journey, obsessing over inspiring & authentic content, and overseeing new shopper-led CPD O+O activations).
You will work closely with local marketing & ecommerce teams, as well as collaborate with the local, Zone and global CDMO partners and media agencies, to drive overall digital transformation.
Local CPD Digital Strategy Framing:
- Cascade global CDMO strategy for CPD market identifying key battlegrounds & deploying resource, accordingly, aligned with Zone guidance.
- Cascade & localize global & Zone “Rules of Engagement” for consumer activation touch points budget allocations. Within this role you are overseeing and guiding the division A&P/media models, embedding digital shifts within all our Consumer Product Division brand plans. You will lead the discussion & recommendation, ensuring ii can fit the local landscape and meet CPD & Brands objectives. The final budget accountability is on the Consumer Product Division GM and Brand GMs.
Responsibilities to drive Digital & Data Transformation within Consumer Product Division:
- ROI driven media & advocacy activations across divisional brands, harmonizing category strategies across brands and guiding the division Paid-owned-earned strategy, Digital Transformation priorities, Digital Services/Beauty Tech
- Monitoring CPD digital performance and consumer engagement against framework & KPI’s: Golden rules, Advocacy MIM & DBPI, Services, Search and guiding brand digital leads
- Upskilling the organization on digital trends and further developing organizational capabilities and expertise across division through appropriate upskilling & training agenda
- Responsible for sharing digital media excellence and innovation learnings among brands, ensuring best possible ROI, brand reach and share of voice
- Media Agency Governance within the Consumer Product Business Division, including budget governance, organizational capabilities, and harmonization of processes
- Develop data driven marketing strategy: Strategize Data Retail Partnerships and Co-Lead Data Culture Development with the Chief Data Analytics Officer [CDAO role within local CDMO Team]
- Embody ‘lead market’ mindset; harness best-practice & expertise to share & inspire other L’Oreal markets.
- Close collaboration within Consumer Product Division with Brand General Managers, Controlling Director, and brand Digital Leads in executing the most brand relevant paid-owned-earned digital strategy in the division.
- Collaborate with CDMO and CDAO partners, and mobilize key stakeholders & functions in the division (marketing, commercial + e-commerce, media partners) behind transformation topics, such as Digital media shift, Advocacy, Retailer Media & Data, BeautyTech. Additional this role is supporting advisor on traffic to commerce strategize for e-Commerce to the responsible Ecom & Commercial teams.
- Entrepreneurial.Every day, you spot opportunities & innovative ways to grow our brands and engage with our customers, making sure the equity of our brands is always protected.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our consumer engagement strategy, so activity & interaction must be measured.
- Organized: You have strong planning and organisation skills, interacting with multiple teams & functions everyday, with ability to manage complexity & re-prioritise as required.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy (when reporting) and meet deadlines (when working with or presenting to key stakeholders)
- Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers
- Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes, where expertise & best-practice can be shared.
- Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
- Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
- You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
- 8-10yrs+ of Brand, Digital or Social experience (with deep knowledge in 1 or more of media strategy & planning, webmastery and tech innovation, data-driven marketing, consumer engagement & advocacy platforms)
- Ability to influence & mobilize other functions & senior management behind key levers of change for division
- Proven ability to transform business objectives into digital vision & strategy that drives consumer engagement with strong ROI
- Ability to work independently & as a leader of change; identifying new transformation levers with no current blueprint, defining scope & business model (incl resources).
- Strong leadership skills and experience of managing and developing a high performing team of digital experts, with agility.
- Passion for beauty & Digital Transformation.
- Permanent employment in a crisis-resistant, growing market with a comprehensive range of social benefits.
- A competitive and attractive salary and benefits package
- Individual personal and professional development, a steep learning curve, strong team spirit and an open, cooperative culture
- Diverse, national and international perspectives
Diversity & Inclusion
L'Oréal is committed to providing equal opportunities to its applicants.
We value diversity, inclusion and individual self-expression in the workplace as diversity strengthens our teams and we want to reflect the image of society and therefore our consumers in our company. Any form of discrimination is therefore not tolerated.