L’Oréal strives to win over another one billion consumers around the world by innovating and creating products that meet the infinite diversity of our consumer’s needs, and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo, and are ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. “Run it as you own business” is our mantra. Got what it takes? We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager in Copenhagen.
As the Business Development Manager Denmark for Active Cosmetics division, you have an important role combining both, Retail & Business Development as well as Key Account Management for chosen customers on the Danish market. You are responsible for strategizing and executing our long-term channel & category strategy for Danish customers. You will also build, manage and develop long-term relationships in order to achieve the sales targets with your own customers. You are the expert of the local beauty market, retail environment, Dermatological Beauty category as well as shopper insights. You take lead on key strategic retail & business development projects locally. The role reports to Nordic Business Development Manager, with a matrix reporting to Channel Director Independent Retail & Channel Director E-Commerce.
Within Retail & Business Development:
- Lead strategic retail & business development projects locally
- Position the Division as the go-to-partner and thought leader in preferred categories by developing category growth stories to trade meetings together with Commercial team
- Identify and analyze new business opportunities for Danish market
- Identify and execute triple-win (consumer, customer, L’Oréal) growth opportunities and translate them into category growth strategy
- Plan and manage in-store trial projects and develop activation manuals for sales force to ensure strong in-store execution
- Analyze and give insights to local monthly sales- and market share reports
- Develop category retail expression on the market both offline+online
- Implement brand retail expression
- Plan, build, coordinate & maintain the retail expression in Flagship stores
As KAM for your own customers
- Define the client strategy, build & maintain strong relationship to leverage our partnership for growth
- Lead and negotiate annual agreements, launches, trade plans and space/visibility
- Establish & implement client trade plans & measure ROI
- Take responsibility for the development of the client and reaching targets
- Drive the performance of the client (P&L) through optimization and valorization of investments
- Plan & follow-up promo budget & forecast
- You have at least 3 years of experience from Category, Commercial, Marketing or Business Development
- A relevant degree within Retail, Business or similar
- You have strong negotiating and communication skills
- You have good analytical skills combined with good strategic view and are comfortable in working with data & studies, turning them into relevant insights
- You have entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to take initiatives, drive actions and lead projects
- You work in an organized manner being able to handle a multifaceted role including different kinds of responsibilities
- You are fluent in Danish and English
- You thrive in a complex matrix structure, and are a pro-active team member
We are looking for our Business Development Manager Denmark to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. The role will be based in Copenhagen.
We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 29.9 billion euros in 2019 corresponding to an 8,0% increase from 2018, and e-commerce growing by 52,4% accounting for 15,6% of sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. In 2019, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2019, L’Oréal was for the 3rd time ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.