Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM)
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
This is an individual
The Dermatology Sales
Manager (DSM) will be responsible for detailing scientific data to
dermatologists and pharmacists in a designated territory. The key objective
will be to use the data to influence dermatologists and pharmacists in
referring patients to the products. The Dermatology Sales Managers will partner
with Regional Sales Director to implement the medical detailing strategy to
deliver and meet sales results within the designated territory.
The DSM is responsible
for planning, coordinating and executing field-based product detailing
activities as directed and in accordance with company standards.
Representatives are accountable for consistently meeting or exceeding sales
targets for the product portfolio within the assigned territory.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director in
achieving sales targets set by management on a monthly, quarterly and annual
- Promote and/or sell products to current and
- Maintain a call average of 35 dermatologist
calls and 15 pharmacy calls per week (average 7 physician calls and 3
pharmacies per day)
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform
to budgetary requirements.
- Advise the Regional Director on competitive
activity in the territory to allow preparation for the appropriate response.
- Organize and schedule tasks, develop realistic
goals and action plans
- Educate pharmacists on the use and benefits of
- Coordinate special events such as speaker
programs, lunches or dinners to educate and inform dermatologists about
- Partner with dermatologists in an educational
role within the medical and/or consumer community;
- Maintain on-going communication with each
- Building strong relationships with dermatologist
and office staff and establish credibility
- Help to build and maintain the brand’s image
with each office
- Monitor and report competitive Intelligence
- Optimal routing to obtain 90 reach and 80%
- College degree preferred
- Experience minimum of 3-5 years in pharmaceutical
and/or medical device industry sales, direct sales experience required
- Proven and Consistent sales results
- Must have a demonstrated ability to promote and sell goods,
services and concepts
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong technical/clinical aptitude and business acumen
- Keen analytical sense and ability to understand
- Proven ability in building professional relationships,
strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
Excellent selling and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and bring creativity to
- Ability to swiftly adapt to a changing environment to
meet unexpected demands effectively.
- Strong computer and software skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean record and ability to
pass complete background check
- Ability to travel 30% or greater with occasional
overnight stays as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other
employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition
or disability, or any other legally protected status.