POSITION TITLE: Developer
DEPARTMENT: Brand Development - IT Cosmetics
Responsible for package development and project management activities, of assigned category, to assure timely and cost effective launches of products, promotions, and maintenance of basic and other business activities. Active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in value analysis and cost reduction returns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Research and develop packaging components.
- Prepare package profiles and consumer conception documents.
- Meeting coordination, minutes & follow-ups
- Communication Link (between the Division & Operation teams)
- Liaise with International Development Team
- Creation & Execution of launch timelines in MS Project, track the progress of projects to ensure on-time execution.
- Feasibility Cost estimates
- Risk Analysis assessment & communication
- Aesthetic/Color Approvals with Marketing
- Value Analysis support to the divisions and operations
- Research and Innovation coordination
- Manage project work as necessary or required.
- Interface with all manufacturing management and associated or related functional areas.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the PD discipline.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- 2-3+ years experience in package development, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field. Candidates with work experience in Logistics and/or Purchasing fields are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- French Language skill is a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Strong PC skills. MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and capable of creating presentations in PowerPoint and Excel.
- MS Project knowledge a plus.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization and our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documents, materials and information needed on each project.
- Marketing staff (DMI teams & U.S. Marketing )
- Middle Management Levels, AVP, VP and Senior VP DMI and US Marketing Management
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing – MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.