PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS DIVISION
Job Description Form
Section 1: (General Information)
Job Title: Dir/AVP, Marketing US
Function: Marketing (Operational)
Supervisor Title: General Manager
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NY
The Dir/AVP of Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of US marketing programs in line with established strategic divisional goals. The Dir/AVP has overall responsibility for the brand vision and execution across all channels for the next 1-2 years and achieving the annual budget plan, as well as the growth of the brand with strong ties to its professional heritage while reaching new consumers in a growing Omni channel environment . They will interface daily with key departments such as: business development, finance and demand planning education, public relations, digital/ Media teams, marketing services, creative, national accounts and e commerce functions. They will also ensure alignment and strategic partnership with the International marketing teams (DMI) and Executive Management and will manage and develop a team of marketing members.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business related function required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management within consumer goods businesses.
- Exceptional financial acumen required including experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories.
- Superior leadership and communication skills. Need to be able to articulate clear business direction and strategies. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (25%).
- Language skills a plus.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires low level of supervision. An ideal candidate would be able to work autonomously to achieve strategic goals. Additionally, the Dir/AVP Marketing needs to have a proven track record of providing superb level of supervision and guidance to grow and develop a high performance team.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs.
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Communicate overall divisional strategy to category leaders and in collaboration, work to develop effective strategies to achieve annual budget and to influence innovation in all brand programs.
- Develop and ensure execution of strategic marketing plans to build profitability and grow market share.
- Responsible for the people growth, development and mentorship of the marketing team.
- Responsible for managing all financial aspects of the business across categories and in the development, monitoring, reconciliation and senior management review of the departmental budget.
- Develop strategic Promotional Calendar through collaborative effort with category leaders to drive sales and maintain effective brand image and innovation.
- Represent categories for cross-functional strategic and update meetings to include new product development, print and package, education, brand updates and presentations.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.