L’Oréal USA’s Corporate Communications Department is looking for a Director, Corporate Communications to oversee the internal and external communications strategy for its Consumer Products Division, while also contributing to enterprise-level executive communications programs and projects. This position plays a key role in advancing the Corporate Communications team’s mission of protecting and proactively building L’Oréal’s reputation in the U.S. In this role, the Director will partner with Consumer Products Division leadership to increase the visibility of the company’s business strategy, leadership, values, innovations and environmental and social contributions to key internal and external audiences.
- Serve as the main point of contact on all communications matters related to L'Oréal USA’s Consumer Products Division while facilitating the exchange of information and alignment of the Division to companywide communications priorities.
- Oversee proactive internal and external communications for the President of L'Oréal USA’s Consumer Products Division, the company’s largest business unit, including employee communications, key customer engagement, media relations, executive visibility, thought leadership and social media programs in coordination with the Corporate Communications department.
- Strategize and execute Division-level communications initiatives – and develop and manage high-impact communications channels – that help build the company’s reputation and solve specific business challenges while supporting the strategic clarity of leadership, the understanding and alignment of employees, and the reinforcement of our “One L’Oreal” workplace culture.
- Prepare presentations, reports, briefing materials and regular communications updates for senior leadership and support the Division-level spokespersons with media training and strategic messaging for interviews and external speaking engagements.
- Partner with Division President and key members of leadership team to support the management and communication of internal change programs to drive organizational and business transformation.
- Manage the Crisis Preparedness program within the Division and serve as the liaison between the Corporate Crisis Team and Division-level leadership when issues and crises need to be managed; surface critical information between both parties and provide timely counsel and education.
- Support the community of brand communications teams within the Division by providing counsel and coaching on business challenges and stakeholder concerns.
- Partner closely with Division President, Division President Chief of Staff and Division Management Committee members to align on the Division’s priorities and set corresponding communications priorities.
- Coordinate with the Global Communications team within the Consumer Products Division to implement the Global communications strategy for the Division in the US.
- Develop company-wide executive communications plans, processes, protocols and programs to enhance the internal leadership impact and external leadership profiles of key US executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and minimum 7-10 years of relevant in-house or agency experience.
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to distill and present complex information into clear, concise and engaging communications.
- Determined and self-motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and passionate work environment.
- Strong desire to develop a deep understanding of the beauty business and the social and cultural context in which we operate, locally and globally.
- Outstanding track record of success in developing, prioritizing and managing multi-faceted communications strategies.
- Strong teamwork, analytical skills, leadership and interpersonal skills, and building and maintaining collaborative, cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to juggle multiple assignments in fast-paced environment while being sensitive to the needs of colleagues, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work productively in a cross-functional environment and build strong relationships with internal and external teams.
- Demonstrates an adaptable work style, responding quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.