KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Directs a department in charge of managing launch, makeover and value analysis projects, has a global vision in accordance with the commitments made to divisions/zones and contributing to achieving Sharing Beauty with all's objectives.
- Anticipates the load of the department, the requirements and the resources needed to advance projects, sets departmental goals and decides on priorities
- Improves the way the department operates and how projects are managed
- Develops and monitors departmental operating budgets and mold investment budgets
- Contributes to the construction of the launch plan by controlling, together with Marketing and R&I, the front-loading process and prioritizing launches as well as strengthening innovations (Animation and steering of the Launches strategic reviews).
- Participates in strategic brand, divisional and zone forums.
- Supports teams in managing projects, manages risk situations and keeps senior management abreast of them.
- Leads innovation and cost reduction processes
- Implements, tracks and improves activity and performance indicators
- Drives decisions when recruiting new team members , develops and manages their team; ensures the development of expertise and skills within their team.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- NURTURES THE PIONEERING SPIRIT
- Is the driving force for all organizational and process improvements.
- Identify brands innovation needs and push innovative solutions (packaging innovation, process, formula)
- IS CONSUMER ORIENTED
- Understands and takes cognizance of Brand strategy (quality, profitability, quality level, etc.) and the challenges faced by Operation
- Develops optimized solutions (value for money, timescale, sustainability) to meet expectations in accordance with operations strategy
- “MAKE IT HAPPEN” WITH OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND AGILITY
- Leads their development projects with rigor, aiming for operational excellence
- Optimizes the management of their projects by providing, at the right moment, the inputs needed for decision-making
- Demonstrates knowledge of the technical areas on their activity: packaging, formula, manufacturing and packaging processes, supply
- CONTROLS RISKS AND OPERATES RESPONSIBLY
- Understands L'Oreal's organizations, its Corporate Social Responsibilities and its design quality system
- Is able to obtain information from experts in a meaningful way to anticipate and manage risks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Packaging Engineering, others majors to be considered based on experience
- 10+ years of experience in consumer goods industry with 5+ years in a people leadership role
- Robust experience with different primary packaging components and a variety of materials
• PEOPLE DEVELOPER
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.