POSITION TITLE: Director – Development
Manage package development and project management activities to assure timely and cost effective new product launches, promotions, and maintenance of basic business activities. Working Manager is responsible for own project workload as well as potential supervision of work load handled by team members. Active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products. Lead package innovation in assigned project category.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of Project Managers
- New Product Launch Management & Execution
- Creation and Execution of Launch Timelines in MS Project
- Anticipation, Assessment & Management of Risks related to Timing, Quality, and Cost
- Cost Control and Financial Management
- Drive Innovation and Sustainability Initiatives
- Optimize Launch Process, Tools and Procedures
- Guide Marketing in new product brief creation
- Communication Link (between the Division & Operations teams)
- Coordinate with International Development Team on global launch initiatives
- Manage projects through QCP (all aspects)
- Feasibility Costs and COG analysis
- Aesthetic/Color Approvals with Marketing
- Cost Reduction support to Operations teams (Plant + Purchasing)
- Research and Innovation Coordination
- Management of specific launch projects as necessary or required
- Interface with all manufacturing management and associated or related functional areas.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the PD discipline.
- Provide Development support to divisional teams as needed on project launches; example: guidance on feasibility costing as it relates to aesthetic choices to assure a timely cost effective launch.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- 8+ years experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- French Language skill is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills - Proficient in the use of MS Project. MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and capable of building presentations in Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- High Proficiency in communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers organizations.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information as needed on each project.
- Assume Leadership role for Brand Development team and special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross-functional teams.
- Marketing staff (DMI teams U.S. Marketing )
- Middle Management Levels, AVP, VP and Senior VP DMI and US Marketing Management
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing – MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.