Research & Innovation – Director of Finance - Job Summary
Reporting functionally to the America’s VP of Finance.
Lead the Financial Planning and Analysis function at Research & Innovation Americas.
- Lead the R&I finance team to continuously improve the structure and process for the development of the annual budget and rolling forecasts;
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to executive management and explain differences vs. budget/forecast, areas of risk and opportunities
- Presentation and Business Reviews: including department financial debrief meetings, annual budget presentation, forecast update for internal stakeholders, etc.
- Oversee and provide support in matters related to budget, assisting with resource prioritization for the executive team
- Primary point of contact to global team in France as it relates to all financial planning and reporting issues for the Americas region (includes US, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico)
- Active participant in the month-end, semester and year-end close (P&L and Balance Sheet review), ensuring R&I’s financial objectives are met and financial statements are recorded accurately
- Collaborate with Corporate teams in managing capital assets, ensuring that assets are properly recorded, depreciated, and decommissioned
- Proficiency in all aspects of accounting and all pertinent GAAP/IFRS, as well as internal control compliance; support remediation process of any outstanding audit issues
- Focus on continuous improvement and process simplification.
- Financial support to R&I ad hoc projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Finance/Accounting area, with solid background in business planning and financial analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting required, MBA preferred
- Ability to identify issues/ concerns and develop effective solutions
- Strong team builder and strong communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.) preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of ERP (SAP, TM1, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.