Background on L’ORÉAL USA
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. Through its management of over 35 iconic beauty brands, L’Oréal USA has generated more than $7 billion in sales annually. Products are available across all distribution channels including hair salons, department stores, mass market, pharmacies, medi-spas, e-commerce and more. L’Oréal USA’s commitment to growth is generated through sustainable innovation and driven by the company’s L’Oréal for the Future ambition which demonstrates sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 11,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 16 states.
The Director, HR Communications is responsible for the Internal and external strategic development and execution of marketing and communications for the HR function and will act as a Chief of Staff to the CHRO of L’Oréal USA. In this role, he/she will advise the CHRO & the Senior Leadership Team on an integrated digital communications framework in addition to owning the responsiblibility of the messaging, positioning and execution of the function’s narrative and employee value proposition. The ideal candidate will build upon the recent successes that the role has played in enhancing the employee experience for L’Oréal USA candidates and employees. This includes partnering with the Global HR team, IT & Corporate Communications to define and execute the HR narrative, digital strategy and operations of all online and offline channels.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and enhance the strategic and integrated HR marketing and communication strategies that support the direction of the organization’s goals – messaging the HR narrative to the employee population about award-winning HR programs and services
- Gatekeeper for all HR communications, including strategies and tactics that effectively drive talent attraction, engagement, development, reward and retention
- Collaborate with the broader HR team (i.e., Talent, Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement) to effectively communicate enterprise-wide changes, policy rollouts, and any information relevant to employees.
- Direct or evolve engagement with a diverse set of communication channels and forums, including the company intranet, internal social strategy, functional news, meetings/events and feedback
- Build a strong analytics capability to continue the shift from a response-request communication approach to a more results-driven approach to message delivery and content management
- Collaborate productively with other departments and HR business partners on a global and market level to deliver consistent, aligned and impactful communications
- Understand national and cultural differences that are critical to the success of marketing and communications initiatives
- Partner with social media and internal communications counterparts to ensure cohesive communications strategies across audience targets
- Serve as the Chief of Staff to the CHRO, partnering closely with the head of HR and their leadership team on both strategic projects as well as tactical execution of the HR agenda
- Manage relevant media relations activities including drafting press materials, preparing messaging, pitching, planning and fielding press requests
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-motivated, with an appetite for working entrepreneurially and a track record as a self-starter
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to execute programs and events with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Must be adaptable to changing business conditions
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills and a track record of working effectively and forming peer-level relationships with senior members of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- An uncompromising commitment to quality – detail oriented but able to see the big picture
- Team orientation, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and clients
- Flexibility to travel, attend events as required and to work, if needed, outside of standard office hours
Education and Experience
- 8+ years professional experience in corporate communications or public relations roles, extensive experience in internal and corporate communications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience communicating to and working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully manage differing points of view and strengthen relationships
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.