Job Title: Director, Human Resources
Division: Professional Products
Location: Hudson Yards
Reports To: VP, Human Resources
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
[Professional Products Division] At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, Biolage, Pulp Riot, Mizani, and Pureology.
In this role, you will serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders to anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs in alignment with the overall business strategy. You will lead strategy & implementation for your respective populations on topics including: Talent Management and Development, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Change Management, Organizational & Team Effectiveness, Compensation Costs and Employee Relations.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Trusted Advisor: Partner with key business leaders in translating business strategy into People initiatives that drive both business success and contribute to meaningful careers at L’Oreal
- Team Effectiveness/Change Management: Help develop the organization in line with business objectives and contribute to organizational strategy.
- Succession Planning: Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective succession plans in conjunction with Business Leaders, HR Partners, and COE Integrator
- Employee Development: Strategically manage careers, in partnership with Leaders and HRBPS, on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities and assisting with the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Workforce Planning: Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Manage Headcount and Compensation Costs across your respective departments, ensuring accuracy in both forecasting and actual allocation and spend
- Recruitment: Participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
- Employee Relations: Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
- Retention Strategies: Analyze, identify and direct recommendations on retention program policies.
- Performance Plans: Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
What We Are Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree, preferred focus in Psychology, Org Dev, HR
- Prior HR and/or Talent Management experience of 10+ years
- Experience in global, multi-national companies
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization and interpersonal skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence, intellect, executive gravitas and operational prowess
- Leading through influence
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
- Navigating & driving solutions in fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. talent management, recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management)
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same
- Experience in handling complex ER issues
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $199,000 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.