What we’ll do together:
As the Director-Production Unit for the Piscataway Manufacturing Plant, you will manage and direct all operational activities of your assigned Unit of Production and staff to ensure safe, efficient attainment of the production plan while adhering to prescribed quality standards, efficiency targets and inventory objectives.
What your day will look like:
- Oversees all production activity for the Processing Department to meet or exceed service levels and demand
- Leads a team of managers, supervisors, professionals, and processing employees, continually encouraging 100% employee engagement
- Continually assesses the performance indicators of the UP and provides vision and guidance to the UP team to develop actions to improve on the basis of indicators
- Develops, in conjunction with MSC, long term production plans that maximize the efficient utilization of manufacturing resources to meet demand
- Work with MSC to define the filling and/or processing schedule for the UP over the blocked and long-term horizon, with high accuracy.
- Manages and applies L’Oréal USA financial management tools to operational activity
- Oversees the preparation of the operating and capital budgets for the UP
- Considers UP economic constraints in the schedule definition.
- Reports the requirements and account for the availability of labor.
- Interfaces with Industrial Quality on RM/AC/WIP/BULK/FG inspection priorities
- Performs in a lead role in the planned transition of additional products from other L’Oreal USA plants or contract manufactures.
- Ensures the accuracy of UP inventories of all article types.
- Ensures compliance of L’Oréal Quality, Safety and Environmental policies within the UP
- Participates in the recruitment and training of employees
- Actively supports coaching and development of staff, ensuring development of technical and professional competencies
What you’ll need:
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Engineering/Industrial Engineering or a related technical field.
- 5 to 8 years manufacturing leadership experience, cosmetics or consumer goods manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Excellent leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Labor relations experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management). SAP knowledge preferred.
- A self-driven attitude and a passion for manufacturing.
- A collaborative and positive attitude.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma, TPM, Kaizen).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
Learn about L’Oreal for the Future- our commitment to sustainability https://youtu.be/Dq_fFzUqwSY
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR