L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world. Working in L’Oréal Operations means working in an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for cross-functional careers – from conception to consumer – in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operational Product Development. We have 42 factories and 145 distribution centers worldwide (12 factories and 33 distributions centers in the Americas). Close to 90% of all our products are manufactured in-house. L’Oréal Operations is committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality and sustainability.
The Director of Distribution will be responsible for leading one of our L’Oreal Warehouse Operations to ensure that we recruit, train and retain a high performing team responsible for the creation, deployment and the sustainability of a vision and strategy ensuring customer orders are properly fulfilled in terms of quantity, quality, and time. You will be responsible for driving compliance with Safety, Housekeeping & Environmental (SH&E) standards as well as with L’Oreal USA policies & procedures that are required to achieve D.C. excellence. This role will provide an opportunity to join our Supply Chain Transformation initiatives to modernize and digitalize our Supply Chain and will be a part of our DC footprint with a customer centric focus and role in one of our many locations across the US; Cranbury, NJ/ North Little Rock, AR/ Walton KY/ Dallas, TX and California.
The role will report to the AVP of Physical Distribution and will lead a Distribution Center that encompasses our OMNI Channel Supply Chain for L’Oreal that fully leverages the diversity of our supply flows spanning retail, mass, drug, specialty, as well as direct to consumer.
- Lead and Enable a team of direct reports with overall responsibility of entire distribution team
- Invest and build a healthy team culture that values leadership development and innovation.
- Execute DC operation strategy in areas of shipping, receiving, order fulfillment / facilities / engineering / SH&E and quality.
- Drive, recommend and create quality and continuous improvement initiatives to further operations within the DC ensuring compliance to safety standards.
- Support, communicate & implement global initiative/ strategies
- Manage strategic direction for departments and communicate information to team
- Work collaboratively with other Operations cross functional and cross divisional teams and peers across functions to execute overall strategy
- Execute best in class operation, technology, & productivity standards
- Motivate and influence operations warehouse staff to achieve objectives
Requirements / Skills:
- BA/BS degree with Supply Chain, Engineering; Logistics, Technology, Operations, or related business,
- 10+ years of experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment with proven ability to manage large teams
- In Depth knowledge of warehouse management and/or physical distribution experience
- Energetic leader able to rally the team behind a common vision that includes accuracy, attention to detail, empowerment, sense of urgency and achievement of outstanding results.
- Strong leader with effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to navigate seamlessly between conceptual, big picture thinking into detailed analysis and coaching
- Strong management experience, analytical skill, process management, TPM, lean or six sigma experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Labor Management Systems, TMS and SAP preferred
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in our multiple locations preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.