Job: Director – Distribution Management
Division: Consumer Products Division (CPD)
Location: North Little Rock, AR - DC
Reports to: AVP – Supply Chain
L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company, which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world. Working in L’Oréal Operations means working in an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for cross-functional careers – from conception to consumer – in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operational Product Development. We have 42 factories and 145 distribution centers worldwide (12 factories and 33 distributions centers in the Americas). Close to 90% of all our products are manufactured in-house. L’Oréal Operations is committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality, and sustainability.
Overall responsibility is to ensure customer orders are properly fulfilled in terms of quantity, quality, and time at a Distribution Center. Compliance with Safety, Housekeeping & Environmental (SH&E) standards as well as with L’Oreal USA policies & procedures within Distribution Center (DC) operations.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manages a team of direct reports but overall responsibility of entire distribution team
- Executes DC operation strategy in areas of shipping, receiving, order fulfillment / facilities / engineering / SH&E and quality.
- Manage strategic direction for departments and communicates information to team
- Support, communicate, and implement global initiative/ strategies
- Focus on continuous improvements and make recommendations to improve operations
- Work collaboratively with peers across functions to execute strategy
- Execute best in class operation, technology, and productivity standards
- Direct the operations of warehouse staff to achieve objectives
- Manages team performance, ensures appropriate development and succession planning
- Develop and administer operating and capital budgets. Manage temp labor spending
- Participate in cross functional project teams
- Manages / coordinates / participates in special projects as they arise.
- Shares “benchmark” practices with L’Oréal team
- Responsible for defining, planning, tracking, and managing the project(s) assigned.
- Identify key resources and provide direction required for meeting project objectives. This could include directing a 3PL provider and managing via contractual agreements.
- Management of customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project(s).
- Management of compliance with Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental (QSH&E) standards as well as with L’Oréal USA policies and procedures.
- Develop strong cross-function partnership with Customer Care, systems integrations teams and IT to drive a step change in customer service
- Responsible for identifying and implementing future productivity and cost optimization opportunities in alignment with the distribution center management strategy
- Required: BA/BS degree with Supply Chain or Engineering
- Required: 10+ years of experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment with proven ability to lead distribution operations and lead projects of large scope
- Required: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
- Preferred: SAP experience
- Must have responsible work habits and good judgment and decision-making ability, self-motivated and detail oriented individual.
- Ability to obtain L’Oreal forklift certification
- RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) Haz Mat Training
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate process management abilities, problem-solving skills, and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated strengths managing across boundaries (internal and external)
- Ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions.
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results.
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.