Director US Ecommerce
NYX Professional Makeup
The Director, US Ecommerce, will be responsible for the day-to-day D2C eCommerce business for NYX Professional Makeup. The candidate is responsible for driving eCommerce revenue, managing allowances and achieving channel profitability goals in order to hit P&L targets to continue to drive channel growth. This role will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners across the organization to develop digital assets for on-site merchandising, develop innovative new digital eCommerce tools, and develop and deliver a comprehensive email and content marketing calendar. This role will be responsible for all D2C eCommerce operations including management of our third-party fulfillment and customer service vendor.
To be successful, this role requires daily interaction with Global Digital, US and Global Marketing, Social Media, Education, Creative, and Finance. This position requires a high level of interpersonal skills and diplomacy and requires demonstrated ability to justify online priorities to internal and external partners.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop eCommerce revenue targets in partnership with Finance that roll-up to US sales targets.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly sales and allowance tracker and utilize Google Analytics to track to KPIs and identify opportunities.
- Track and manage business KPIs to achieve channel goals including Sales, Traffic, Transactions, Units, AOV, IPT, Conversion, Repeat and New Visitors, product performance, promotion performance, etc.
- Assess and define comprehensive channel reporting needs and partner with Analytics Lead and Digital IT partners to generate strategic and actionable reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Develop and own strategic high-level reporting recaps for management to communicate strategic goals, business performance and areas of opportunity with detailed action plans to optimize the strategy.
- Own the creation and development of the D2C eCommerce strategy and create and maintain the email marketing, site update, promotion and content calendar to drive that strategy forward.
- Partner with Global Digital Marketing and US and Global Marketing and Social Media teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns, digital marketing assets including site updates and email content, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and grow online D2C sales.
- Partner with Media Lead and US Marketing in developing the US media strategy and provide strategic direction and requirements for SEM initiatives to ensure D2C eCommerce support to drive traffic and revenue.
- Partner with Global Digital Marketing on optimizing and developing innovative site design enhancements including homepage and PDP redesigns, landing page design, digital diagnostic tool development, etc. that are up-to-date with industry trends, improve the customer shopping experience, are consistent with site load time optimization goals and align with brand strategic initiatives.
- Manage strategy, budget, and ongoing relationships with all D2C eCommerce vendors including (but not limited to) the site platform, affiliate media, a/b testing partners, review generation and management, operational partners, product recommendations and fulfillment.
- Ensure that business strategies are set and aligned on, goals are met or exceeded and partnerships are driving growth and optimization.
- Partner with Marketing and Education on customer service upskilling and manage the third-party fulfillment and customer service vendor to deliver an on-brand, exceptional customer experience.
- Manage third-party vendor merchandising workflows to ensure products, promotions and initiatives are configured on-time aligned with the D2C ecommerce marketing calendar.
- Collaborate with CRM Lead on email marketing calendar planning, email scheduling, and segmentation and deployment of email and mobile consumer messages.
- Partner with demand planning and third-party fulfillment vendor to ensure inventory management is optimized and delivers on sales goals and brand strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage the Manager/Assistant Manager of D2C eCommerce.
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, and enriches team dynamics.
- Strong people management skills to include the ability to mentor staff and provide direction and objectives, performance coaching and skill building
- Listens and communicates effectively with team and cross-functionally
- Ability to inspire and influence across the L'Oréal group
- Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes appropriate decisions.
- Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity.
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, and promotes team creativity.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship and takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance and develops a vision.
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, and understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competencies.
ABOUT NYX COSMETICS
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience managing a high volume business-to-consumer eCommerce business
- Bachelor’s degree in eCommerce and/or Marketing
- Strong knowledge of current eCommerce trends, strategies, and technique
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about the beauty world and beauty trends
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Analytics and Google Software Suite, Basecamp project management tool, JIRA.