Job Title: Digital Ecommerce Art Director
Location: New York
The role of Digital Ecommerce Art Director is to manage the execution and delivery of all creative to support the needs of the brands in L’Oréal USA for the Amazon channel. Loreal USA is looking for an Art Director with strong design capabilities and understanding of digital channels to help bring the brand to life visually. This role will work collaboratively cross-functionally to design on-brand, high performing assets for Amazon as well as project manage the process from brief through to execution. Ability to produce high volume of assets efficiently, while reacting to trends and helping to continually evolve and elevate the brand's aesthetics are key. As we continue to grow our team, we are looking to deliver a high volume of digital content needs (Paid Media, Paid & Organic Social, cross funnel Digital Video, product & model imagery & visuals, etc.) across our L’Oréal portfolio. This contributor will work across various L’Oréal Brands and deliver on a variety of key digital advertising and owned/e-commerce creative deliverables under the Content Factory Creative Director to collaborate with and support our brands.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables:
- Collaborate cross-departments and teams to develop a variety of best-in-class digital content needs that meet creative and strategic criteria (briefs, feedback, KPIs, etc.) and delivers on measurable business results
- Execution of full funnel digital creative content rooted in fact-based insights for a performance-driven marketer, with a focus on content that drives ecommerce performance and brand loyalty for Amazon
- Operate as brand steward, liaising amongst various brand partners and with Content Factory Strategy & Production Leads
- Being a brand expert across multiple brands at once and maintaining consistency while elevating your brands
- Ensure creative excellence (best in class tactics by channel) and meeting of brand guidelines, tone of voice & key objectives, as well as demonstrating results-oriented mindset and insights/data-driven approach to creative bringing objectivity to the discipline
- Understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest Amazon platform, industry, creative trends, and digital best practices
- Attend brand marketing meetings and be the voice that communicates digital creative and processes, bringing stellar presentation skills to the table
- Create high volume of assets across all channels and mediums including but not limited to digital ads, web assets / PDPs, social, adapting designs for best performance based on insights
- Project manage all creative requests from cross functional team members from brief through to execution and partner with brands on execution
- Execute new concepts and repurpose, rework, revise existing content when appropriate and necessary
- Work with copywriters, user experience and brand leaders to seamlessly bring brand messaging to life
- Manage in-house product shoots for brand / social needs
- Assist with post-production selects, retouching/editing notes and all else involved to bring creative direction to life.
This individual will collaborate with these stakeholders to drive data driven programs and initiatives. They will work to support strategic brand objectives, launches, and activities; responsible for increasing consumer touchpoints, market share, discoverability & media performance.
- College Degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in a creative environment in a graphic design and digital asset development role for social / direct to consumer ecommerce strategies + campaigns - Beauty or a CPG brand a strong plus
- Amazon experience is a plus
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Passion for beauty, aesthetics and bringing a brand's vision to life
- Strategic thinker with a strong understanding of eCommerce, visual storytelling, and marketing
- Mastery of industry and digital best practices coupled with a strong knowledge of platform/Industry/creative trends
- Experience building client relationships and ability to help partners understand ideas, while being able to pivot thinking and adjust style when necessary.
- Have a strong creative vision and understanding of brand(s) business needs and objectives, with ability to understand how brands come to life in different channels for full campaigns.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, under tight deadlines, with strong project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task & express strong prioritization skills while working on several brands daily
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Experience with relevant tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Experience managing both photo and video production is preferred
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of strong application skills of ideas to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. We are looking for a change agent that can naturally connect dots across the organization to capture strong results for the brand. This role requires constant interaction across a matrixed business structure (Amazon, Marketing, GM, CDMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. As a result, this individual must effectively build networks and become the in-house expert on the brand’s consumer mindset to help influence, convince, and introduce new ways of marketing. We are looking for a dynamic, creative leader and self-starter to build a vision for the brand. This position will require moderate supervision to maintain a proper corporate direction.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.