Job Title: Director, Digital Marketing and Omni Channel Consumer Engagement
Function: Digital Marketing
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Kerastase & Shu Uemura
Supervisor Title: Vice President, Marketing
In our newly established and dynamic Omni channel ecosystem, growing our consumer acquisition, engagement, and interactions with our brands is key, to strive in an O+O environment benefitting all channels.
As a pioneer and leader in Professional Luxury Haircare, it is also our mission to better express our salon heritage and point of difference to deliver a unique experience and journey through our products and services, no matter the touchpoint, to build synergies between our channels leveraging data and market insights.
As a key link between the Marketing Team, Ecommerce, National Accounts, the Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for identifying and developing actionable data driven consumer insights across the customer’s lifecycle, to be used across all our channels within the Kerastase and shu uemura brands, to strengthen our marketing and CRM initiatives and consistency (D2C, PRO2C, Omni)
At the cross roads of many strategic functions, this position will build and lead omni channel execution of digital strategies based on ideal customer segmentation, lifecycle marketing, insights and behavior analysis, loyalty program, and provide tools and features to create immersive, personalized and long-term customer relationships, with the ultimate goal of delivering a consistent message across all touchpoints.
In an evolving and more complex consumer landscape with many touchpoints, our consumer journeys and programs should be aimed to deliver enhanced solutions and/or new recommendations to build the customer experience across “Full Funnel”. The Director will be in charge to maximize all opportunities to cross-reference and merge learnings from multiple data sources, (i.e. CRM database and Retailer databases) to create omni-channel strategies and track results. This individual will collaborate with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to executive management, channel leadership, media teams, external vendors, & marketing partners to drive data driven programs and initiatives, with a strong focus on the direct to consumer eCommerce channels.
They will work to support our full marketing plan and define clear objectives for launches, promotional activities, and key moments to recruit, engage and loyalize our clients.
- Strengthening branded content and expression, for increased conversion, repeat rate and lifetime consumer value.
-Creating, together with our D2C and Media teams, refine and help optimize direct-to-consumer communications (including email, media, SMS and site).
-Partnering with operational marketing, national accounts, education, sales, CDMO and DTC teams to develop omni-channel programs and campaigns that drive business results and strategies specific to our current and future distribution Channels.
1. Bachelor degree and minimum of 7 years experience with Digital Marketing/Consumer Engagement expertise or D2C
2. Knowledge, interest and skills with Brand marketing and CRM, particularly as it relates to Consumer path to purchase, communications and consumer analytics.
3. Self motivated, results oriented, creative thinker and Team player
4. Ability to work autonomously yet also collaboratively lead and influence across multiple functions
5. Drive to execute and deliver results in the short term while designing future vision and longer terms strategies.
7. Demonstrated strength in communication and networking skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners
8. Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
9. Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
10. Fluent in English , French a plus
Strong judgment and decision making skills are essential in conjunction with high levels versatility and ability to deal with ambiguity. Must be able to operate independently, with little supervision. Director in close communication with GM, VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, VP of Ecommerce, AVP PR/Digital/Social, CDO and Marketing Teams internally.
Essential Physical Requirements
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
Financial Scope (if applicable)
Annual Budget Responsibility: Personal T&E, select digital marketing projects.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Build CRM and engagement strategies (based on customer lifecycle, brand pillars, launch activity) to increase Customer Acquisition, Retention, Frequency & Spend. Serve as a CRM business intelligence leader, utilizing analytics to drive customer-centric action plans and first party data activations.
2. Create, refine and help optimize direct-to-consumer communications across all digital channels (DTC, Sephora). Ensuring consistent tone and messaging across all touchpoints with a clear content strategy by channel.
3. Create and lead the development of brand analytics, segmentation analysis, and other analytical techniques to improve consumer insight, retention.
4. Manage the distribution and presentation of reporting and status to executive stakeholders. Be the brand expert for all consumer data-related questions and insights, inform and educate brand teams on DDM.
5. Partner Digital/Media team to help define customer segmentation strategies and build content strategy that synchronizes with CRM initiatives, maximizing ROI for all campaigns.
1. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, analyzing issues by combining active listening, keen observation, reasoning and solid judgment skills. Simplification of complex issues by having robust knowledge and insight of the motivations of all parties and awareness of external influences/ policies in order to accurately identify the true issues at hand. Makes decisions with confidence and courage, attacking problems and finding solutions to dilemmas.
2. Interacts Effectively
Communicates clearly and confidently, adapting to the communication preferences of others in order to maximize effect of message. Actively listen to both internal and external partners to develop full understanding of perspectives and other points of view. Decisively take a stance, present beliefs and ideas that may be new or contrary to existing status quo.
3. Achieves Results with Integrity
Demonstrates engagement, proactive mindset, commitment and resilience. Remains positive in the face of unexpected changes and setbacks, adjusting priorities and actions, proactively engaging in risk assessment. Driven to achieve quality results and deadlines on multiple ongoing projects. Director models ethical decision making, delivering results in accordance to L’oreal Code of Business Ethics.
4. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Director must be autonomous and resourceful, fully exploring problems, crafting innovative solutions and elevating information in timely manner to appropriate parties. Engender trust and belief in brand from retail customers via direct contact and close communication. When presented with problems or dilemmas, Director analyzes existing process to determine efficiency gaps and proposes alternative solution to create value and reduce wasted time and resources.
5. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality and excellence of work for self and team. Constantly integrates new technique and strategies to improve quality of work. In tune with beauty business trends, product innovations, changes in consumer purchasing, evolving beauty consumer service expectations and various missions of retail accounts.
6. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Adapting behavior to respect different personalities and cultures, listening and interacting with equal respect to all levels, functions and business partners. Leading Cross functional teams in demanding but fair way, transforming work pressure into constructive energy for action. Explains brand goals and strategic objectives of projects, sharing know-how and experiences, creating climate of trust and sharing responsibility.
Demonstrates curiosity, actively observes and investigates trends, changes and events in beauty field. Imagines original ideas and solutions to create future value. Fosters climate of trust that empowers others to share ideas and proposals without reservations.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.