Job: Director, Consumer Services and Innovation – Consumer Products Division
Location: New York - New York
The CPD Head of Consumer Services and Innovation will be responsible for influencing the roadmap of technology growth for both D2C (eCommerce) and non-D2C (content-based websites) digital product roadmaps, ensuring best-in-class consumer experiences are delivered on owned websites, ensuring innovative consumer services are adopted by both brand.com leads and owns strategic roadmap of innovation for brand.com websites at CPD.
This lead will be responsible for working with our global and LUSA CDMO counterparts to ensure the needs of CPD in the US are at the forefront of roadmap development. They will also support business cases for capital projects, seek innovation projects to be piloted with our brands, then scaled across the division. They will be responsible for defining success for our websites, measuring and monitoring site performance, and benchmarking all brands across the division.
This role will be responsible for setting guidelines for technology implementation, and will act as the liaison to Digital IT, Digital Services Factory, and all Platform peers. In this role, you will lead the integrated team that is responsible for defining the strategy for how websites go-to-market and managing all aspects of site performance across the division. This role reports into the Consumer Engagement Lead for the division and will collaborate with platform leads across the brands.
Our team attributes:
- Collaborative empowerment – we all win together as one digital team!
- Progressive mindset – we aim to break the auto-pilot through test, learn, and scale fast with strong ROI focus.
- Optimistic self-starters – we have a positive mindset, are AGILE and are not afraid to be scrappy! We are always up for a challenge.
- Left brain / right brain – we are passionate about data driven decision-making alongside creativity and innovation.
- Diversity & inclusivity – we value a team made up of diverse backgrounds and experiences and thrive with an inclusive culture.
With the support of the Consumer Engagement Lead - develop and implement a division-wide strategy that leverages the CPD portfolio of products, categories, and collective investment in internally managed digital products (Next Generation L’Oreal eCommerce Product and Website Factory Content Site Product) to ensure best-in-class experiences are delivered by our brands. Support and empower Brand Platform leads to implement innovations, identify consumer experience issues, and generate value for the consumer through each visit on brand.com. Partner with CDMO CPD to measure the value of traffic arriving to brand.com sites, and product visual stories that draw insights from our site traffic. The Head of Platforms will be responsible for but not limited to 1) driving roadmap strategy and supporting implementation of the same with brand.com direct reports, 2) driving innovation for CPD websites, including pilot services programs and technologies (i.e. Modiface) 3) represent the division as a partner to deliver large scale A/B tests, implement SEO best practices, and monitor site health and 4) understand and manage key agency partnerships to optimize ways of working
The Head of Consumer Services and Engagement will partner with peers in the CDMO team to ensure all goals are met.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LEADING:
- Responsible for ensuring a best-in-class user experience across all Brand.com websites, both eCommerce-based and Content-based
- Responsible for understanding eCommerce consumer journey, delivering an efficient user experience, and partnering with the commercial team to drive sell-through results
- Supports each brand in the CPD division by providing leadership and influence to platform managers of each brand (total of 8)
- Responsible for co-developing an upskilling program for website optimization, merchandizing, and consumer experience with the Digital Learning team
- Acts as the key liaison and influencer to L’Oréal’s global product development teams managing the master roadmaps. Ensure that CPD USA product needs are anticipated and planned for in the development roadmap. In addition, ensure that features that are planned on the roadmap are anticipated in the brand.com implementation plans at the local level.
- Responsible for innovation at the CPD level for brand.com websites. Responsible for identifying opportunities for website pilots, deploying tests, and rolling out results across the division
- Acts as the key liaison and influencer to L’Oréal’s global services development teams managing the master roadmaps. Ensure that CPD USA product needs are anticipated and planned for in the development roadmap. In addition, ensure that features that are planned on the roadmap are anticipated in the brand.com implementation plans at the local level.
- Responsible for developing services strategy to differentiate services offering at the brand.com vs. retailer.com websites, and implementing the same
- DIGITAL ANALYTICS
- Responsible for monitoring and understanding brand.com site health metrics, drawing insights to be shared with the division, and being an agent of change to ensure metrics are improved over time. Metrics to be measured include, but are not limited to: organic search rankings by category, and by brand, organic traffic drivers, returning users and the value of a website consumer, content performance, and others
- COMMERCE ENABLEMENT and BUSINESS CASE DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for developing vision, strategy, and business case development for moving a brand from content-based to eCommerce-driven
- Responsible for building capital expenditures case and ROI model
- WAYS OF WORKING:
- Acts as key point of contact for the division for interfacing with Global CPD CDO, LUSA IT and other divisions within LUSA on the topic of Platforms and Services
- Partners with the LUSA Head of Innovation to pilot projects within the division
- Responsible for onboarding new brands into the division
- Responsible for upskilling the division when new strategies are available, developed, and rolled out within the group
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years’ experience in leading developing digital marketing experiences, including leading an eCommerce website experience
- Expertise in agile software development lifecycle and proven experience in delivering against website performance metrics
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, optimize user experience, and drive conversion
- Collaborating to meet the agenda by working globally across functions, geographies, and with remote internal and external partners
- Experience in influencing executive leadership, developing presentations, and building business cases
- Influencing business strategy (e.g. cross-category senior VPs) through critical thinking and technical thought leadership that has translated into significant business benefit
- Coaching and mentoring others in a global process community and department
- Ensure that foundational skills/capabilities keep pace with technology advancements
- Driving a culture of technical curiosity, learning and technical rigor
YOU WILL NEED:
- CPG marketing expertise; Beauty experience – a plus
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Experience with Salesforce, Demandware and Sitecore
- Experience with Opentext – a plus
- Ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performance organization, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong leaderships skills with the ability to manage, engage, mentor and retain team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives