Job Title: Director – Customer Marketing, Ulta Beauty – Maybelline, Garnier, essie
Division: Consumer Products Division
Brand: Maybelline, Garnier, essie (MGe)
Reports to: AVP, Customer Team Leader, Ulta Beauty – Maybelline, Garnier, essie
Location: New York, NY
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all agency relationships and external partnerships.
- Ulta 360 support, plan, develop and activate all Ulta marketing activations.
- Develop display strategy, manage display process with PEP, manage display budget, prepare quarterly display submissions (with Customer Development Manager).
- Collaborate with Omni-Shoppers, align Ulta activation strategies and tentpole moments with national marketing priorities, and work with Omni-Shoppers on aligning yearly M1 budget.
- Data Driven Responsibilities
- Search optimization
- Work with marketing team and eNAM to optimize content for search on Ulta.com to achieve high ranking and visibility
- Analyze keywords using tools to identify opportunities for both short and long tail search terms
- Optimize copy to ensure we are reaching the right consumers
- Conduct A/B testing on keywords, titles, and content
- Drive Sales via Ulta Beauty Media, Traffic and Conversion
- Develop Ulta-specific programs that maximize engagement and sales
- Incorporate competitive learnings for effective account specific planning
- Work closely with commercial team to align Ulta marketing and media strategies with financial and assortment goals
- Work closely with the National Shopper Marketing / eShopper team(s) to bring to life our brand equity in coexistence with our retailers DNA via content, Ulta brand experiences, and merch programs.
Overall Marketing Responsibilities
- Build best in class content
- Lead the customer/user experience for Ulta PDPs and brand pages in partnership with eNAM
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure content creation for new launches and pillars is refined for Ulta to maximize consumption, search, traffic and conversion (including copy, alt images A+ content, videos, reviews generation)
- In partnership with Shopper, collaborate with brand liaisons in the US and DMI teams to ensure alignment and that needs are met, including communicating content needs and sharing of best practices
- Develop content learning agenda and lead PDP/brand store hygiene initiatives
- Ongoing maintenance of PDPs including optimization of product titles, descriptions, images, videos, and A+ content
- Accountable for customer experience and conversion on Ulta brand content pages including product detail pages and brand store
- Grow the Shopper Base /Acquisition
- Use shopper insights to optimize strategies and activate key levers that will acquire new consumers to the brand on Ulta.com
- Understand in depth customer shopper behaviors
- Grow shopper base and loyalty to our brand and to the retailer
- Brainstorm and create strategic account marketing initiatives
- Ensure support and alignment between sales and marketing on national activations leading to Ulta
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in eCommerce and/or Digital Media roles
- Deep understanding of consumer packaged goods industry
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/media, promotional tactics and various marketing vehicles
- Track record of delivering business results by driving insights and strategically sound marketing programs
- Strong ability to build trusting relationships with cross functional partners and with client.
- Innovate in a collaborative manner.
What’s In It For You:
Salary Range: $139,700 - $199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.